Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback Component Editor Tools inconsistent

Discussion in '2019.2 Beta' started by BTStone, Jul 29, 2019.

1. BTStone

BTStone

Hey there,

I don't know if this is a 2019.2 or already a 2019.1 feature, but at some point the Component Editor Tools where introduced, that nice little tool-window inside the Scene-View showing which specific tools are inside the Components of the selected GameObject. A very cool feature!
    BUT!
    Apparently it's not consistent. Have a look at this picture:
    Issue.png

As you see this is a GameObject with a SpriteShape and a BoxCollider2D. Now that little Tools-Window in the Scene-View is showing the Edit-Spline-Button which is also present in the SpriteShape Component of the GameObject. I did expect that the "Edit Collider"-Button of the BoxCollider2D Component would also be present in the Tools Window. It's not. Same goes for ALL Colliders (2D and 3D) for that matter.
    This is the case in 2019.2.0b9

Also, when no GameObject is selected that Tools-Window states "No custom tools available". The word "custom" might be misleading, kinda implies that window only shows MY custom tools.

2. io-games

io-games

Hi! Can you share code or link to docs how to create?
    upload_2019-12-18_0-0-12.png