Search Unity

Completely unable to connect to Editor Hosting: 'Cannot connect to destination host'

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by RecursiveFrog, Nov 11, 2019.

1. RecursiveFrog

RecursiveFrog

Earlier I posted about a slow connection to Editor Hosting. Now I can't connect at all. This is all in-editor currently, but on device the same issue occurs.

As you can see in this image,
    • There exists a Hosting Service
      • It is enabled
    • There exists an addressable profile called Editor Hosted
      • RemoteBuildPath is not in the Assets folder
      • RemoteLoadPath is using the IP address and port defined in Addressable Hosting Service
    • Packed Assets1 (in the Inspector)
      • BuildPath reflects the expected RemoteBuildPath in the editor hosted profile
      • LoadPath reflects the expected RemoveLoadPath in the edtior hosted profile
    • There exist asset bundles in the RemoteBuildPath
      • They follow the expected naming format based on the bundle build rules specified.

EditorHosting.png
    Path.png

However, you will also note the error messages in the console:

Code (CSharp):
    1. Web request http://169.254.202.165:59017/packedassets1_scenes_loadedscene.bundle failed with error 'Cannot connect to destination host', retrying (1/2)...
    2. UnityEngine.AsyncOperation:InvokeCompletionEvent()
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Exception encountered in operation Resource<IAssetBundleResource>(packedassets1_scenes_loadedscene.bundle): RemoteAssetBundleProvider unable to load from url http://169.254.202.165:59017/packedassets1_scenes_loadedscene.bundle, result='Cannot connect to destination host'.
    2. UnityEngine.AsyncOperation:InvokeCompletionEvent()
    As you see in the images, the ip address referenced is 169.254.202.165:59017.

When I try to point a web browser to it, I receive

I'm really not sure what I'm missing here. Is there something in my Addressable configuration that's wrong? Are there any known issues with Unity and Windows 10 firewall regarding Addressable Hosting Service? How would I start to track this issue down? Note : while the screenshot shows a failed scene load, it also fails to load prefab instances with the same error message.

Fangh likes this.
  2. RecursiveFrog

RecursiveFrog

3. EduardDraude

EduardDraude

I have the same issue, any news on this?

4. wdhhhhh

wdhhhhh

5. luizb_unity

luizb_unity

I'm also facing the same issue.
    It seems Local Hosting is not working. At least not on my Mac.

In my case, when I try to do any async operation with an assets assigned to a bundle that is stored in the Remote server, this call never finishes. Just hangs forever.

Maybe @davidla_unity can shed some light in here?

Last edited: Feb 18, 2021
  6. krzyszpieta

krzyszpieta

Same issue here :/

7. TreyK-47

TreyK-47

Unity Technologies

Hey all, wanted to let you know that I've flagged this for the team to have a look.

plvs_games_ltd_dev likes this.
  8. pillakirsten

pillakirsten

Unity Technologies

Have you tried using a different PrivateIpAddress? The ones starting with 192 might work (PrivateIpAddress_2 and PrivateIpAddress_7 from the screenshot). Unfortunately we don't have a better way to check which addresses work besides through trial and error, but this will be fixed in a future release.

9. krzyszpieta

krzyszpieta

As for me, tried to use all of them. Furthermore, the private 192. was giving me error 404.

10. gordey_chernyy

gordey_chernyy

I had the same issue. Here is how it worked for me (Windows). I removed all `Inbound Rules` and `Outbound Rules` for all Unity Editor Apps in "Windows Defender Firewall with Advanced Security" then after opening Unity again Windows will ask permission. After allowing permission I started to trying different IP addresses, I had one that working starts from "192.168.1..." in Addressables Hosting Settings and my "RemoteLoadPath" looks like this: http://[PrivateIpAddress_1]:[HostingServicePort]

11. EduardDraude

EduardDraude

So I managed to get this working. As @gordey_chernyy said you have to allow the UnityEditor to also access local networks by checking both Public and Private Networking checkbox when promped by the Windows firewall after deleting all rules. Then everytime you change any of the profile variables wo tweak the correct remote load path, you have to rebuild the addressables completely.

Here is my profile for local hosting:
    upload_2021-3-18_13-4-11.png

Note: I structure my bundles in a folder named DEV then the build target and the build version. So I get a folder structure like this:
    DEV/iOS/0.3/
    "

WaqasGameDev likes this.
  12. WaqasGameDev

WaqasGameDev

As gordey_chernyy said, we have to allow our unity editor through FireWall settings but I did not deleted any inbound/outbound rules. Just allowed Unity Editor app access for my network private or public whatever. Also as he mentioned, I had to use the IP address starting with 192.168.1.... and for that my remote path was also http://[PrivateIpAddress_3]:[HostingServicePort] But I forgot to REBUILD the addressable content so it was still connecting to old PrivateIPAddress and was giving me timedout error. So I rebuilt the content and it worked seamlessly.

Thanks mates for sharing your solution with us.