Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Completely unable to activate Unity personal license

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by threequarterstohuman, Feb 10, 2022.

1. threequarterstohuman

threequarterstohuman

I've tried nearly everything. I've attempted to fix the firewall, I've gone into the terminal to manually give myself a license request, I've gotten a manual license request online, I've attempted to download another version of the Unity Hub. I only ever get error messages. I use what I'm assuming is an education license at school, but I want to work on my projects at home with a personal license. If it makes any sort of difference, when I select to activate with a license request on the Hub and add the file I've created, it shows a Mac directory, and not a file name. I'm not sure if that makes any difference.

Every online source has a different solution, and I just don't know where to start or which one to use.

Should I download Hub v2? Do I need to fully delete the drive of Hub v3 to get it? What has worked for people with similar problems? Any answer helps! Here are Screen Shot 2022-02-10 at 4.55.57 PM.png Screen Shot 2022-02-10 at 4.54.03 PM.png

2. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

Community Engagement Manager PSM

Hey!

Could you please try with the latest Unity Hub beta (3.1.0b1)? There were some fixes to licensing I'd like to see whether or not these fix your issue.

https://unity3d.com/hub/whats-new

To get the beta, select the Preferences cog on the top left of the Hub launcher, go to Advanced and select Beta in the dropdown. You should then get a notification at the top of the Hub launcher on the main screen to install the update.

Let me know in this thread if this solves the problem or not, so I can go back to the team.

3. threequarterstohuman

threequarterstohuman

Hi! Sorry it took me so long to reply. I have the the version of Unity Hub specified, and I'm still having this issue. The manual license creation is "unable to save license" like before, and whenever I click the personal license creation button and go through with it, instead of an error, nothing happens and it moves back to the projects tab.

edit: I just noticed something in the Get Personal Edition License tab. It says "To install Unity you will need an active license." I have already downloaded a Unity Editor. Was I not supposed to be allowed to do that? Should I delete the versions of Editor I have downloaded to get this to work?

Last edited: Feb 12, 2022
  4. mahsve

mahsve

5. Michelangelos

Michelangelos

Incredible how this issue keeps appearing and NOBODY FIXES THIS!!!!!!!!!
    I cannot activate the license manually neither I'm stuck in the same spot "Unable to save license"

Agggggggghghh