Search Unity

Completely remove project from Everyplay

Discussion in 'Unity Everyplay' started by huulong, Apr 6, 2016.

1. huulong

huulong

Hi,

I integrated Everyplay in 2 of my projects in development, one that finally never made it to mobile devices and one that will be targeted at mobile devices but probably not a good fit for video sharing. I still wanted to have a try because I wanted to record private videos of playtesting on actual devices to share development progress and debugging more easily.

I realized that watching videos uploaded for private projects is actually very hard, since you can only access them from the device that sent them, and from the Everyplay mini-app called from inside the dev build, not the generic Everyplay app you can download from the store. On my PC for instance, I can see that 2 videos have been uploaded but when I click on "Replays", nothing appears (for an instant, I can see some gray generic thumbnails, but it seems that all projects do that during loading).

I tried using actual accounts instead of an anonymous account, my named account and the account named with my project's name, but neither did. (Since the mobile app does not allow logging via the Unity account, I had to create a password for my accounts on my PC then log in by email with that password on mobile; I'm not sure how accounts are connected but having access to one seems to give me access to the others)

I guess Everyplay is not made for private debugging, but then the website should state that debugging works well for public projects, not private ones.

I was not adding metadata to my videos, which may have caused the bug, but I have just tried to upload a public video and this time everything worked fine (including deleting the video from the PC), so I guess private is really the problem.

Now I want to uninstall Everyplay from my Unity project (recording videos of dev builds on desktop is enough right now), but I don't see any remove button on my dashboard. Removing the Everyplay asset package from my project is not a problem, so at least I won't integrate them in my builds for nothing, but having the projects remaining on my dashboard is not convenient.

For now I decided to rename the projets with generic names and to delete their descriptions, so that I can at least reuse these entries for potential new mobile games by renaming them again and adding a description when the time comes. Howver in this case, I should at least remove all the old debug videos, but I cannot do that since I cannot access them (but from the very mobile device that sent them).

I understand that, for published games, removing a project without warning may cause some havoc, but for private projects it should be okay for an administrator. I remember other users having issues deleting the videos as an admin, but in my case it's really an all-access or nothing for each video.

Optionally, it would be nice if I could login with my Unity account on mobile or at least if some parts we added in the tutorial to explain how developer and user accounts are linked, what project accounts represent and when we need to create a password for individual and project accounts. Currently, the user website and the developer website are completely distinct (at least in terms of interface) so it's not easy to navigate from one to the other, and while there is only one developer account there is one additional user account per project.

I understand that the user side is what players see, so no need to clutter it with information for developers, and it's convenient that players can see one representative user account per game, but how all of this is linked with the developer side is not clear to me. Should I keep my individual developer account for myself but share my project account with my colleagues? This means I should provide a password that all the team knows, but attach the email of the person in charge of Everyplay integration to the project account? If I can't share the project account, how should I share private videos with the other team members? Do I need to create some organization?

To sum up:
    - I would like to access private videos on any machine connected with
    - I would like to be able to delete private projects as an administrator
    - optionally I would like more guidance on how to work as a developer, as a team member and on the user-side as a community manager

Thank you!

Configuration:
    Android Xperia Z5 compact, Unity on Windows 10

2. ullatussimo

ullatussimo

Unity Technologies

Hello @huulong ,

Thanks for reaching out!

I'll answer this in a bullet point form, as I feel it will be most clear this way:

"I would like to access private videos on any machine connected with"
    -You can do so, if you log in with the account that was used to upload the video.

Private videos are by design private to the user that uploaded the videos. That feature is designed to be used during the development phase to test video uploading. We are likely revising the way private videos are shown to the owner of the game.

"I would like to be able to delete private projects as an administrator"
    -Unfortunately our system does not support users deleting their projects at the moment. If you contact our support at support@everyplay.com, we can manually delete the project for you.

"optionally I would like more guidance on how to work as a developer, as a team member and on the user-side as a community manager"
    -I would recommend that you create an Everyplay Developer profile for your company / developer group that you use for modifying / accessing the game's data in the developer dashboard.

If you wish to be able to easily see the private videos among your developer team, you could create an Everyplay account, share the credentials between the team, and instruct all the developers to use that for video sharing.

At the moment, we do not have dedicated Community Manager status for users (apart from the owner of the game) and no badges will be shown next to the user's name. You could clarify who are the moderators by, for example, mentioning the users in the description of the game.

"For now I decided to rename the projets with generic names and to delete their descriptions, so that I can at least reuse these entries for potential new mobile games by renaming them again and adding a description when the time comes.Howver in this case, I should at least remove all the old debug videos, but I cannot do that since I cannot access them (but from the very mobile device that sent them)."
    -This is a very good and recommended workaround. If you have accidentally uploaded private videos which you are unable to delete, be sure to contact our support. We will help you out.

Be sure to contact us through the e-mail you used to create your developer account. This way we can verify that you are actually the owner of the game without additional steps.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
    Simo

3. huulong

huulong

Thanks for the answer.

I'll follow your advice then. The last problem remaining is that I cannot access private videos sent with my smartphone from my PC, even when logged in with the same account. At the beginning, videos were sent with an anonymous PlayerXXX account, but after that I logged when uploading the video. Since the "upload" message appears before the first log in, I am not certain that the videos were uploaded under my user account, but since I can see them on my smartphone when logged in I guess I managed to send them from my user account.

Even though, as an admin it would make sense that I can see all the uploaded videos, including from anonymous users. Since the dashboard is on developer side, I think it's okay to give such rights to the game developer accounts (even if there is no Community Manager status yet for player-side accounts).

I'll try to connect from my smartphone a last time and delete all the videos so that my game projects are clean, but I need to rebuild the game with Everyplay once more (normal Everyplay connection on the device is not enough, apparently I need to connect from the game build). If it doesn't work, then I'll send a mail to the support to ask them to delete the videos or the project.

Dotby likes this.