Search Unity

Complete Vehicle Pack V2 [RELEASED]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by marincastefan, Feb 7, 2016.

1. marincastefan

marincastefan

Hello again everyone,

The second volume of the Complete Vehicle Pack has been released and I'm asking for your feedback, about the presentation, the pricing, if the content is enough value for the money, or anything else that you might have an opinion on.

There are 36 vehicle prefabs, about 1000 polygons each, they all share the same material and texture (a 2048 by 2048 diffuse map, with specularity included in the alpha channel.

Each prefab has a custom mesh collider and the parts that can and should move independently are separated (wheels, spoilers, propellers, satellite dish, pick-up tailgate, and so on).

I've added an external trunk and some crates that should go well with the trucks and pick-ups from the pack.

Complete Vehicle Pack V2

1.png
    The helicopters and the news van come with rotating animations for the propellers and the satellite dish.

Here's a preview of the diffuse atlas:
    Screen Shot 2016-02-07 at 17.49.12.png

If you want to take a closer look at the vehicles, here's a link to the 3D models on
    Sketchfab

Manny Calavera, radimoto and Gozdek like this.
  2. Gozdek

Gozdek

Nice work

marincastefan likes this.
  3. marincastefan

marincastefan

Thank you :)

4. mkgame

mkgame

Not bad, but why do you not smooth the edged rounded parts, like tires and the car body around the tire? Edged tires have a bad reputation since Matrix 2 ;) I thinking about buying both packs for my RTS game later at designing the levels. The quality for my minimal top down range seems to be good and more than 1k polygons (triangles or vertices is more accurate for describeing the mesh complexity, polygons will be cutted in triangles) for props wouldn't be good.

5. marincastefan

marincastefan

You're certainly right about the polygon count, I will update the package description in the next update, along with some geometry tweaks like the tire edges that you mentioned. :)

6. mkgame

mkgame

Sounds good! I like this kind of assets, which are made for todays games and not for the next century.

7. marincastefan

marincastefan

Version 1.3 is live.
    I've added 2 versions of textures, one with license plates for the EU region and another for the US version.
    The textures have doubled in size, now the atlases are 4096 * 4096.

Other than that, some minor tweaks here and there.

For version 1.4 I've planned to re-export the FBX files, to make a more detailed version of the models (thanks to mkgame's recommendations).
    The new models should look even better on desktop (together with the U5 standard shader).
    That's in addition to the already existing models, that will remain the same for mobile platforms.

AGregori likes this.
  8. marincastefan

marincastefan

For the next 6 days, you can purchase the package at 30% OFF.
    Have Fun!

9. f1b0n4cc1

f1b0n4cc1

Hello , I try to use car models but their wheels leaving car body as like exploding and going infinite on space. nothing special on scene, just imported your asset from asset store , move car from prefab to scene and hit play , this happens. Any suggestion ?

Attached Files:

10. marincastefan

marincastefan

Hello,

If you want a quick fix, then be sure to select all the wheels of the car and check the "is kinematic" box in the Rigidbody component. This way, the wheels will only move by manipulating the transform gizmos.

However, if you plan to make a game that requires driving the cars or using them in a realistic way, then you will have to follow the steps in the Unity Wheel Collider Manual, along with other processes, according to your needs.

https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/class-WheelCollider.html

Unfortunately, my skillsets prevent me from helping you further on this matter, I'm only good at art :)

11. lod3

lod3

Hi @marincastefan

Was the Sketchfab texture resolution and quality reduced for that demo, or is that what I can expect? Just didn't look like there was enough texture density, as textures looked murky and with (possibly JPG) artifacts. Please do advise!

Thank you.

Attached Files:

12. marincastefan

marincastefan

Thanks so much for posting this.
    The Sketchfab demo is of the first version of the models. Since then, the quality of the textures has improved and doubled in size. I'll update the textures on Sketchfab too in a short while. Until then, here are some screenshots, this is how the textures look now.

Thanks again for bringing this to my attention :) Screen Shot 2017-10-22 at 9.37.06 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-10-22 at 9.38.46 PM.png

Edit: Sketchfab demo updated

Last edited: Oct 22, 2017
  13. lod3

lod3

Very nice! Thank you for posting those. Really dig your car designs :)

marincastefan likes this.