Search Unity

COMPLETE BEGINNER! HELP!

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by blakenuova12, Mar 10, 2019.

1. blakenuova12

blakenuova12

As the title says, I'm completely new to this and i really REALLY need to unity!
    So here's the thing, i know how to get around unit like navigating n such and know few components and how some basic stuff are made through unity software. now heres where i fall in despair, C sharp coding.
    I dont understand where or how to start, i mean i really want to learn coding but i dont understand the words/functions they use in script for example
    Void, public, float, getaxis, raytracing etc.like i see the videos on unity learn n yeh sure its easy to copy it but i wanna know " WHY" we use these commands and wht for!
    if someone here can point to me the direction or a link to the tutorial from where i can learn all of this please help me! Im so lost in this! T_T

2. JoeStrout

JoeStrout

Well first, don't expect to know everything at once. Work through every beginner tutorial you can; and I recommend you don't copy/paste the code, but actually retype it. This will slow you down and help you focus on each word. You still won't understand what most of them mean, but they will sink in much faster than if you copy/paste (which is almost completely worthless).

Second, spend a little time over at learncs.org. This is a series of online C# tutorials that will teach you the very basics.

After that, if you still feel you need to learn more, just google "C# tutorials" and pick one to work through each day. Do that for a few weeks and you'll be more than prepared to get back into Unity.

JeffDUnity3D and Ryiah like this.