Search Unity

Compiler Error!? Just downloaded 3D Game Kit from Unity store...

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Jamesmello, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Jamesmello

Jamesmello

I'm using Unity version 2019.3.0a6

I have a dual boot machine that runs Mojave while booted in Mac and Windows 10 when I boot into Windows.

Unity runs the 3D Game Kit perfectly while booted in Mac / Mojave. However, when I boot into Windows 10 and use Unity with their 3D Game Kit, I get "Compiler Errors" - In result, Unity cannot run the 3D Game Kit in Play Mode. I have not edited the game kit at all. I just want to play through the example game, The Explorer, to see if the Windows side of my machine will operate the 3D Game Kit perfectly just like when I'm in Mojave while booted in MAC.

I restarted my computer and opened up my Unity project again in Windows 10. Unity started to download "missing assets." The compiler errors list went from 19 errors to 15 errors. So I still can't run in play mode while in Windows 10.

I noticed another post where someone downloaded assets from the Unity store and had this same problem.

Again, Unity runs the 3D Game Kit totally fine while I'm booted in Mac in Mojave.
    Looks like Unity has a Windows 10 bug???

Attached Files:

Stickmonkey123 likes this.
  2. Vryken

Vryken

The 'a' in 2019.3.0 stands for "alpha", as in an alpha version of the engine.
    You'll most likely have fewer problems using a stable release instead.

The latest stable release of Unity is currently 2019.1.8.

3. Jamesmello

Jamesmello

Thank you. I'll give it a try.

4. Jamesmello

Jamesmello

I'm a newbie to Unity.
    But I got the 3D Game Kit running in play mode finally. I'm sure running a final version of Unity helped - so thanks again. But here's what finally got it going:

1) Edit→Project Settings→Player→Configuration→Scripting Runtime Version→.NET 4.x Equivalent
    2) Window→Package Manager→Update all packages that have a download icon next to them.
    3) Window→Package Manager→Install Post Processing
    4)Window→Package Manager→Install Cinemachine
    5) Restart my computer and load up Unity

Compiler errors gone. Play mode works and I was able to play through the levels of the 3D Game Kit.
    Newbie note: Keep an eye on the package manager to update everything necessary and always use a final version, not an alpha or beta.