Search Unity

compiled script on game build?

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by ratxrat, Jun 22, 2018.

1. ratxrat

ratxrat

Hallo guys , i wondering about compiled script on build game where there place?

i create launcher for my game , this launcher for update client , i use asset bundle for object but how to replace script for my build game?

2. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

You can't use asset bundles to send scripts. I don't understand the rest of the question.

3. ratxrat

ratxrat

sorry for my bad english
    my question . i have build game in there folder caled mygame_data and my_game.exe . where all compiled script store on folder or exe file, if i build new update i can replace them

4. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

Most game distribution platforms, such as Steam or the Google Play Store, have a built in update feature. You'd just push out a new update using the provided service. If you're not using a platform with that feature (such as just distributing your game off your own website), I believe the typical approach would be to create your own launcher that runs before your game, which checks for and applies any updates.

5. ratxrat

ratxrat

ya i know that, but my big question is where the compile script place on exe file or other file and if im update just replace the file

6. Ellernate

Ellernate

In the wrong forum category.. anyways for my game's launcher/updater I just replace the entire build which is feasible because my compressed sizes are around 20mb. However the appropriate approach is to replace changed dll's and any kind of other resource added/removed.

To answer the question, for Windows compiled with Mono your core game logic is compiled into Assembly-CSharp.dll which is in the root folder where game_data is. Unity/Mono dlls are placed into game_data/Managed, and external dlls such as plugins or custom native libraries are in game_data/Plugins

Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
    ratxrat likes this.
  7. ratxrat

ratxrat

sorry for wrong forum section :)

oh thaks for answer . i will start experiment about this (y)