Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Compile error vuforia core samples

Discussion in 'Vuforia' started by daisyducke, Jul 7, 2018.

1. daisyducke

daisyducke

Assets/Common/Scripts/TrackableSettings.cs(22,12): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `FusionProviderType' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?
    This is what my help says about my versions:
    Unity 2018.1.4f1
    Vuforia release notes SDK v7.2.20
    I have everything checked in the download assistant except LINUX Build and MAC Mono so vuforia AR is checked.
    In Build/settings/player setting, I have checked all and still get the same error.
    Thank you

2. ablanton

ablanton

I was getting the same error then updated to unity 2018.1.6f1 and downloaded the Vuforia updater on the developer page https://developer.vuforia.com/downloads/sdk and now appears to be working. hope this helps!

3. Vuforia-Strasza

Vuforia-Strasza

Official Vuforia Employee Vuforia

Can you confirm which version of Vuforia you have in the Vuforia Configuration file?

khanhabib likes this.
  4. daisyducke

daisyducke

How do you locate the Vuforia Configuration File?
    Here is the next problem:
    Did my updates and am at Unity 2018.1.7f1 and vuforia 7.2.20 (release notes) and got rid of the compile errors but there is nothing in the SampleScene for AR - just a camera and directional lighting. Here are my console messages:
    Initializing Vuforia
    UnityEngine.Debug:Log(Object)
    Vuforia.VuforiaRuntime:InitVuforia()
    Vuforia.VuforiaRuntime:VuforiaInitialization()
    I am PC,MAC, & Linux version with AR support added in the player settings.
    I am working on a ground plane game - do I have to add the game objects?

Thank you for your help.

5. Vuforia-Strasza

Vuforia-Strasza

The Vuforia Configuration is attached to the ARCamera. Which SampleScene are you referring to? What is it called and where is it located in the project? Are you using one of the sample projects from the asset store?

6. daisyducke

daisyducke

I used the Vuforia Core Samples from the Asset store. It came with only a Main Camera and Directional Lighting in the one scene (SampleScene). To answer your question, I deleted the main camera and added an ARCamera from game objects. The Vuforia Configuration File says 7.2.20 (same as help/release notes and also can be seen under "Assets/Resources" in project). Now when I hit play I see myself and get the following information on the console:
    Vuforia initialization successful
    UnityEngine.Debug:Log(Object)
    Vuforia.VuforiaRuntime:HasInitializationCompleted()
    Vuforia.VuforiaARController:UpdateState(Boolean, Boolean)
    Vuforia.DigitalEyewearARController:Update()
    System.Delegate:DynamicInvoke(Object[])
    Vuforia.DelegateHelper:InvokeDelegate(Delegate, Object[])
    Vuforia.DelegateHelper:InvokeWithExceptionHandling(Action)
    Vuforia.VuforiaBehaviour:Update()

Looks like I need to add a ground plane and a capsule and a plane finder per this link:
    https://library.vuforia.com/articles/Solution/ground-plane-guide.html
    I tried this project link but I haven't been able to test it on my iPhone because I don't know what to move onto the iOS iPhone (newbie!) from the iOS build. I tried printing the recommended target but couldn't see the capsule (hard to hold my Windows webcam over the printed target. Any suggestions are helpful.
    Thank you for your help.

7. Vuforia-Strasza

Vuforia-Strasza

There are pre-setup scenes available in the Assets/SampleResources/Scenes directory in the Core Samples project. Could you look at those scenes and experiment with running them? The SampeScene you are referring to is a default scene that Unity sets up in any new project.

8. daisyducke

daisyducke

Ah, I added the Ground Plane scene (additive command) and unloaded the sample scene which seems to work but I need to spend a lot more time understanding what is happening before I move on (newbie). Thank you so much for your invaluable help!

Vuforia-Strasza likes this.
  9. arifhasnatcste

arifhasnatcste

Solution : For Unity 2018.1.6f I have updated vuforia 7.1.1 to 7.2.20 and it solved :)

meedabit likes this.
  10. picaman

picaman

Unity 2018.2.0f2 not work yet. Vuforia 7.2.20 /// Assets/Common/TrackableSettings.cs(22,12): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `FusionProviderType' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
  11. meedabit

meedabit

12. xushilin2016

xushilin2016

the same as you, have you solved this problem?

13. xushilin2016

xushilin2016

i ve just solved it , updated vuforia to 7.2.20 by :HELP - VUFORIA - CHECK FOR UPDATES, YOU WILL SEE THE FUSION FUNCTION IS INCLUDED IN THIS NEW VERSION
    VUFORIA UPDATE CHECK.png

14. Jayno

Jayno

Thanks, everyone, for addressing the problem and providing the solution!!

15. quadratron

quadratron

I updated to the latest Vuforia and now I have 77 new namespace errors. :(

Sadly, I've been wrangling with this issue most of the day, going from one fix to another where I think I've got things fixed only to have some new issue pop up.

16. meedabit

meedabit

Hello @quadratron,

When there's a "ghost in the machine", I'll usually try deleting the Library folder in your Unity project. As explained to me, this forces Unity to rebuild everything and does help to resolve some unusual issues.

Thanks,
    Vuforia Engine Support

17. zenasprime

zenasprime

@meedabit I tried giving that a try but it did not resolve the problem.

I'm running 2018.2.0f2 and I've run the Vuforia updater but the version that's downloaded is named "...2018.1" so I'm not sure I'm getting the latest patch.

the offending script is currently TrackableSettings.cs

18. zenasprime

zenasprime

I just tried installing the vuforia patch again and with the result being 77 errors:

The type or namespace name `Vuforia' could not be found...

is there a unity version that is confirmed to work with the latest version of Vuforia? I'm about to give up on getting it working with 2018.2.0f2.

19. zenasprime

zenasprime

Updated Unity to 2018.2.3f1 and it seems to be working again.

20. mathiasmarbotic

mathiasmarbotic

Hello everyone.

I had the same issue with Unity 2018.2.0f2. I updated to Unity2.5f1and it works well

21. jan_bajana

jan_bajana

Same issue. Testing on Unity 2018.1 and 2018.2. I actually don't know where Unity updater installs the update but doesn't work for me.

22. najehsassi94

najehsassi94

when i execute i have this problem !!!!
    assets/SamplesResources/SceneAssets/CloudReco/Scripts/CloudRecoEventHandler.cs(17,14): error CS0101: The namespace `global::' already contains a definition for `CloudRecoEventHandler'
    heeeeeeeeelp pleeeeeeeeeeeease!!!!

23. unity_Lm8M3svgki8LHg

unity_Lm8M3svgki8LHg

I really don't know what's Happening. Two days ago my every project were extremely working perfectly fine.Now whenever i try to import Vuforia Core Samples, it gives bunched of error half of which i already solved. only -1- remaining now. I m using Unity ver: 2018.2.5 and Vuforia 7.2.23. Error is:
    Assets/SamplesResources/SceneAssets/ImageTargets/Scripts/ModelSwap.cs(15,5): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `TrackableSettings' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

Since -3- days searching Google, but No response. Please help.
    akarim.kk@gmail.com

24. meedabit

meedabit

25. Akeronz

Akeronz

Having the same missing namespace errors ( CS0246 and CS0234) and updating versions did not work. Also, made sure to have vuforia support checked in player settings as said elsewhere.
    Latest versions used: Unity 2018.3.6 and Vuforia 8.0.1
    Culprit Script: OpenSourceInitializer.cs
    Project works fine when played in unity editor. Target platform is iOS. Tried compiling in both win and mac machines, same errors.
    Help Please?!

26. Akeronz

Akeronz

SOLVED: In case some one has the same problem:
    Turns out vuforia has a depency on the sample package in the store. Even though I installed the vuforia add-on when installing unity and activated it, vuforia still needs the sample package scripts, even if you do not use it in your project.
    Hopefully the will fix this

27. madkaba2

madkaba2

Assets\Vuforia\ImageTargets\Scripts\ModelSwap.cs(15,5): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'TrackableSettings' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Please someone can help me to solve this error.?

28. meedabit

meedabit

Hello @madkaba2,

This sounds like it could be a mismatch between your version of the Engine SDK and the Vuforia Engine Core samples.

• SDK version: Unity Editor->Window->Vuforia Configuration
    • Samples version: Unity Editor->Project window: Assets/Vuforia/version
    If they are different, I suggest you re-download the Core samples from the Asset Store.

Thanks,
    Vuforia Engine Support

29. Ragnvold

Ragnvold

Hey @Akeronz
    I have same problem
    Config: OS X Mojave / Unity 2018.3.14 / Vuforia 8.1.7
    I my case help update Vuforia to version 8.1.10
    Hope it help)

30. Sika_MC

Sika_MC

Vuforia

Hi @Kommisaro,

As @medabit suggested above. If you recently installed the Core Sample apps with 8.1.10 than there is a clear missmatch between the SDK and Core Sample version. In the asset store we always have the latested Core Sample app available, in this case 9.0.12.

In order to address this issue, please install our latest SDK version, 9.0.12, Article on how to: https://library.vuforia.com/articles/Training/getting-started-with-vuforia-in-unity.html

Thank you.
    Vuforia Engine Support