Search Unity

Compilation error in Unity Platforms preview.2-0.2.0

Discussion in 'Entity Component System' started by crocvr, Jan 21, 2020.

1. crocvr

crocvr

I updated DOTS Platforms package in Unity 2019.3.0f5 and see compilation errors:

Code (CSharp):
    1. Library\PackageCache\com.unity.platforms@0.2.0-preview.2\Editor\Unity.Platforms\Extensions\FileInfoExtensions.cs(21,42): error CS1061: 'string' does not contain a definition for 'ToForwardSlash' and no accessible extension method 'ToForwardSlash' accepting a first argument of type 'string' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    3. Library\PackageCache\com.unity.platforms@0.2.0-preview.2\Editor\Unity.Platforms\Extensions\FileInfoExtensions.cs(28,35): error CS1061: 'DirectoryInfo' does not contain a definition for 'EnsureExists' and no accessible extension method 'EnsureExists' accepting a first argument of type 'DirectoryInfo' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    There is actually more than two errors but they are all as above.

NotaNaN and Wobbers like this.
  2. robertg_unity

robertg_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi ktitov3d, this look like some left over data in the asset database. I'm afraid this means a "Re-Import All" could fix it. Please try it and let us know if that worked. Thanks!

3. frimarichard

frimarichard

Just to add, I also had these errors after updating. Wiping both the project's library folder and the global package cache folder did not fix the errors.

4. robertg_unity

robertg_unity

Unity Technologies

Are you still referencing the `com.unity.build` package? We recently merged the build package into the platforms package, so I wonder if that could cause some conflict.

prajwalshetty_ likes this.
  5. brunocoimbra

brunocoimbra

I can confirm that in a clean project it occurs by simply adding the new DOTS Platforms package.

6. frimarichard

frimarichard

Nope, I've never manually referenced it.

7. robertg_unity

robertg_unity

Unity Technologies

Investigating right now, thanks for the report.

8. desertGhost_

desertGhost_

I think this is the case. It looks like the Entities 0.5.0-preview.17 lists Build 0.1.0-preview.1 as a dependency.

9. robertg_unity

robertg_unity

Unity Technologies

Thank you everyone for the report.

The package com.unity.entities@0.5.0-preview.17 is currently referencing the package com.unity.build@0.1.0-preview.1 which unfortunately is currently conflicting with the package com.unity.platforms@0.2.0-preview.2.

Until a new version of the entities package is out (which will remove the reference on the build package), please keep the platforms package at version 0.1.8-preview.1.

Thank you for your understanding!

10. Richay

Richay

Unfortunately entities 0.5.1 preview 11 still has Unity.Build.Common nested inside, which conflicts with the actual Unity.Build package.

upload_2020-1-29_7-40-29.png

11. robertg_unity

robertg_unity

Unity Technologies

Correct, this should be resolved in entities 0.6.0 and above, when its released.

12. prajwalshetty_

prajwalshetty_

I can confirm this conflict still happening in 2019.3.0f6 as of feb 9, Waiting for the new entities package, will now downgrade the platforms to 0.1.8-preview.1. Thanks for the update.

Babiole likes this.