Search Unity

Community Involvement, Bug Reporting, and Feature Request online software?

Discussion in 'Formats & External Tools' started by Deleted User, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

I'm interested in getting my players to participate in the development of my game. For that, I would like some kind of management software that people can post bugs, request features, discuss current features and game play and vote on what features are the most important, etc.

Is there anything like that out there? Something maybe similar to github, but for the average person, not programmers.

2. Tiny-Tree

Tiny-Tree

what about just a simple forum with word press? you probably also find module for wordpress like ticket system

Deleted User and TonyLi like this.
  3. TonyLi

TonyLi

^ That's a good idea. Maybe even drop Wordpress (I haven't come across any really good forum plugins for Wordpress) and only use a forum. Players are pretty comfortable using forums, and they're a good way to build community. phpBB is good, and it's free. It has a lot of extensions available, too.

4. starikcetin

starikcetin

I would suggest MyBB for a forum software. I used it for about 2 years, hadn't had a problem.

Besides forum softwares, you might try opening a Trello board for suggestions and bug reports, where people can post cards.