Search Unity

1. We are migrating the Unity Forums to Unity Discussions by the end of July. Read our announcement for more information and let us know if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Resolved 'Common' does not contain a definition for 'InterlockedOr'

Discussion in 'Burst' started by icaldenteypalmer, Mar 18, 2024.

1. icaldenteypalmer

icaldenteypalmer

Hi,
    I am developing a project using Unity Dots and I wanted to get animations working with decent performance and I found Latio's framework. I created a new project with all the packages required to test and learn how does it work before adding it to my main project and I get this error: 'Common' does not contain a definition for 'InterlockedOr'. Even though I'm defining UNITY_BURST_EXPERIMENTAL_ATOMIC_INTRINSICS as documentation says. I've found a repo of Burst (it's not updated), I went into the Common class inside Intrinsics and there is no definition for InterlockedOr as the error states, as it's not updated and I guess it's not the official one. I checked the changelog as well and cannot see anything related to the atomic and/ or operations more than them being added:
    upload_2024-3-18_12-29-14.png

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or missing something. I've tried with Burst 1.8.12 and 1.8.13.

I also thought to try and create my own atomic and/ or operations with the Interlocked from System.Threading but I don't know if that would work here and even if it was possible, I don't I could manage to get it working xd.

Thank you in advance :)

Last edited: Mar 18, 2024
  2. icaldenteypalmer

icaldenteypalmer

I solved it. The Player Settings define symbols in Script Compilation were not working for some reason. I created a new project and it's working fine after defining UNITY_BURST_EXPERIMENTAL_ATOMIC_INTRINSICS as before