Search Unity

Commercial Question: UCD not sold separatedly?

Discussion in 'Unity Cloud Diagnostics' started by Novack, Jun 30, 2019.

1. Novack

Novack

Was looking through the Unity site describing the offered cloud services, but the approach confused me a bit.

It seems you can buy Unity Teams separatedly, which includes Unity Cloud Build, and Unity Collaborate. However, Unity Cloud Diagnostics is not part of the Teams package despite being a cloud service, and apparently the only way to access it (apart from the demo/trial) is to upgrade the Unity license.

Is this correct, or Im just not finding the right page?
    If correct, are there any plans to include Diagnostics as part of Unity Teams or any other separated package?

Thanks!

2. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @Novack, thanks for the great question! You are correct that currently Cloud Diagnostics is not looped into Unity Teams' offerings. Cloud Diagnostics offers two plans depending on if you use a Personal or Plus/Pro license. You can learn more about the differences between the two plans at https://unity3d.com/unity/features/cloud-diagnostics.

We have had discussions internally about bringing Cloud Diagnostics into Unity Teams to join Unity Cloud Build and Unity Collaborate, but those talks are still in the early stages. I hope that answers your questions and please let me know if there's anything else I can help you with.

3. Novack

Novack

Thanks for the answer.
    What you describe matches what I had found looking at the site.

Sorta falls short of the rest of the strategy though: Unity Teams advanced allows teams who use Personal licenses to still access certain cloud services through a separate payment option, but Diagnostics wont. As lead dev I recommended the company to use Cloud Diagnostics, but this scheme leave us out.

Anyway, at least now Im certain. Thanks again!

Ryan-Unity likes this.
  4. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

I understand the confusion and I'm sorry we aren't currently set up to be a separate payment option. I definitely see the value in offering Cloud Diagnostics like that and I'll be passing this along to the rest of the team for further discussion so that we can come up with a payment option that everyone can be happy with. Thank you again for your interest in our service!

Novack likes this.