Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Commercial and Non-Commercial in Unity 4.6 Free

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Farai, Mar 20, 2015.

1. Farai

Farai

Hey guys, sorry if this is a bother but it's been bugging me for a while. I'm a noob with Unity and I've recently felt in love with game development. So, I downloaded the engine(Unity 4.6 Free), and did the survey for the license. However, a chose 'educational' in one of the options given. Does that mean I won't be able make commercial games? The T&C's mention Unity Pro having that condition but I couldn't find anything about the free version. And if that's the case, can I change the agreement so I CAN make commercial games? Apologies if this sounds stupid. I'm stressing about it, and I can't clarify for myself since my laptop and PC aren't with me at the moment.

2. blizzy

blizzy

I'd recommend downloading Unity 5 instead. You can use that to make profits from it, as long as you don't cross the 100K revenue line. If you do, you need to purchase a pro license.

3. Farai

Farai

Thanks very much for your reply. It seems that that's the only alternative, doesn't it? It really can't be helped. Whether or not I do have that problem, I'll probably download Unity 5 anyway. Thanks again blizzy.

4. Ryiah

Ryiah

You can change the license from within the client. Click Help, then Manage License, and then Activate New License.

5. Farai

Farai

Thanks Ryiah! You have no idea how much you've helped me.