Search Unity

CommandInvokationFailure: Gradle build failed.

Discussion in 'Android' started by neufoctobre, Oct 23, 2018.

1. neufoctobre

neufoctobre

Hi Everyone !

I got a problem using Unity 2018.2.13f1, I can't build and get an error.

I checked many forum but don't find any answer to solve this problem.
    I already tried to reinstall JDK8. I tried to build with IL2CPP with JNK, and I also try to build with internal process but get unable to convert dex format.
    I always get the error and this is totally out of my skills.

Does anyone have this problem and found the solution ?

Thanks in advance :)

Here is the error message :

Code (CSharp):
    1. CommandInvokationFailure: Gradle build failed.
    2. C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_191\bin\java.exe -classpath "C:\Program Files\Unity\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\AndroidPlayer\Tools\gradle\lib\gradle-launcher-4.2.1.jar" org.gradle.launcher.GradleMain "-Dorg.gradle.jvmargs=-Xmx2048m" "assembleRelease"
    4. stderr[
    6. FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.
    8. * What went wrong:
    9. A problem occurred configuring root project 'gradleOut'.
    10. > Could not resolve all files for configuration ':classpath'.
    11.    > Could not find intellij-core.jar (com.android.tools.external.com-intellij:intellij-core:26.0.1).
    12.      Searched in the following locations:
    13.          https://jcenter.bintray.com/com/android/tools/external/com-intellij/intellij-core/26.0.1/intellij-core-26.0.1.jar
    15. * Try:
    16. Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.
    18. * Get more help at https://help.gradle.org
    20. BUILD FAILED in 14s
    21. ]
    22. stdout[
    23. Starting a Gradle Daemon (subsequent builds will be faster)
    24. ]
    25. exit code: 1
    26. UnityEditor.Android.Command.WaitForProgramToRun (UnityEditor.Utils.Program p, UnityEditor.Android.WaitingForProcessToExit waitingForProcessToExit, System.String errorMsg)
    27. UnityEditor.Android.Command.Run (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo psi, UnityEditor.Android.WaitingForProcessToExit waitingForProcessToExit, System.String errorMsg)
    28. UnityEditor.Android.AndroidJavaTools.RunJava (System.String args, System.String workingdir, System.Action`1 progress, System.String error)
    29. UnityEditor.Android.GradleWrapper.Run (UnityEditor.Android.AndroidJavaTools javaTools, System.String workingdir, System.String task, System.Action`1 progress)
    30. Rethrow as GradleInvokationException: Gradle build failed
    31. UnityEditor.Android.GradleWrapper.Run (UnityEditor.Android.AndroidJavaTools javaTools, System.String workingdir, System.String task, System.Action`1 progress)
    32. UnityEditor.Android.PostProcessor.Tasks.BuildGradleProject.Execute (UnityEditor.Android.PostProcessor.PostProcessorContext context)
    33. UnityEditor.Android.PostProcessor.PostProcessRunner.RunAllTasks (UnityEditor.Android.PostProcessor.PostProcessorContext context)
    34. UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

2. Evaldas_Unity

Evaldas_Unity

Unity Technologies

Greej likes this.
  3. Greej

Greej

This saved me. I spent several hours last night trying to figure out what was wrong. Reinstalled SDK, JDK. This worked for me.The link doesn't take me anywhere though...

4. Evaldas_Unity

Evaldas_Unity

Unity Technologies

Link should be up now. I literally reported this, and then went to forums so the system hadn't grabbed it yet : )

5. Greej

Greej

Awesome. Thanks.

6. thibouf

thibouf

7. veevoogames

veevoogames

same issue as what thibouf said, the workaround will work for some people, but as im using firebase and other plugins, i still get the error when i build, though the error will then say firebase cant find the path, please fix

Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
  8. Evaldas_Unity

Evaldas_Unity

Unity Technologies

Could you try doing this and letting me know if it helps? If it does I'll add it to the workaround. But do attempt this at your own risk. This is kinda for the 'adventurous' and people that can't wait for the proper fix (Which should be soon, already in QA).

1. Go to unity install location (Let's say C:\Unity 2018.3.0b7\)
    2. Go Editor > Data > PlaybackEngines > AndroidPlayer > Tools > GradleTemplates
    3. Open libTemplate.gradle in a text editor (I prefer something like sublime, but do whatever works for you. I wouldn't recommend the default Notepad tho, it might frick up the line endings, not sure.)
    4. Switch line 3 and 4, so that google is on top.

9. daniel-hall

daniel-hall

10. NamekGames

NamekGames

This works! No problem, build successful

11. faustofonseca

faustofonseca

This is one combined with the original one is the solution!

12. GainfulSage

GainfulSage

Is there an expected fix coming for cloud build that doesn't involve overriding the gradle build scripts...?

13. Evaldas_Unity

Evaldas_Unity

Unity Technologies

Sorry, I am not familiar with cloud builds. I assume they are using latest-ish versions (or what ever you select)?
    If so, using the 2017.4LTS (which was unaffected) or the upcoming 2018.2.15f1, 2018.3.0b10 or 2019.1.0a7 which have the fixes built should solve the problem.

14. neufoctobre

neufoctobre

New problem with 2018.2.15f1 :
    What's going wrong with new unity ?!?! Unable to build any project since 2018 ...

A problem occurred configuring root project 'gradleOut'.
    > No toolchains found in the NDK toolchains folder for ABI with prefix: mips64el-linux-android

EDIT :
    Ok removing NDK tools solved the problem

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
  15. roshan090

roshan090

i am still stuck in error. please help me. i am doing all what you said. i am using an old version native plugin that is why i got this error. help me i am stuck in this error till now.

Attached Files:

16. PHL1

PHL1

i did every one of these but still can't build. what if i use internal build system instead?
    version :2018.2.11f1

17. hiagotruta

hiagotruta

I still have the problem.
    Someone can help me?

18. developerarreterra

developerarreterra

So, i had exactly the same problem and tried out a lot.
    What worked for me is to clear the .gradle folder inside my %Userfolder%
    When you build it will download the entire folder again (Unity will say it crashed, but Java is going strong). and after that I could build again!

Hopes this works!

19. abolfazl-tanha

abolfazl-tanha

Hello, i have same problem and i did all of works that you said in last posts but i couldn't t APK . My unity version is 2018.3.5 and i have all versions of Android SDK and JDK and NDK .

Please Help me !!!

20. abolfazl-tanha

abolfazl-tanha

Hello, i have same problem and i did all of works that you said in last posts but i couldn't t APK . My unity version is 2018.3.5 and i have all versions of Android SDK and JDK and NDK .

Please Help me !!!

21. femoreti

femoreti

OMG This saved me. Thanks!! Using Unity 2018.2.11f1

22. Jackimaru

Jackimaru

This worked for me. Using latest 2019.1.6f1

23. LAKSHAYMAVIA

LAKSHAYMAVIA

Thanks this works.

24. gamingsauce

gamingsauce

Please guys tell me where is the %Userfolder%

25. LAKSHAYMAVIA

LAKSHAYMAVIA

It will be inside
    C:\Users\USER_NAME

26. LuckyHamster

LuckyHamster

Where is it for mac? Please help. Thanks

27. LAKSHAYMAVIA

LAKSHAYMAVIA

Sorry roundham I don't know that. But I can give you a hint. In this folder we have all the current user related stuff like appdata , .android , .OtherSoftware. you have to search for that folder. or you can use software like this https://filehippo.com/download_everything/ for mac to find.

28. sahadha777

sahadha777

How to integrate AR camera as a plugin. I am getting unity_android_bridge not found. without AR camera working fine

29. monark

monark

I'm using 2018.4.6 and it still has this issue, is there any update on this?

30. Hanross

Hanross

only this works after cracking my mind for 8 hours Thank you very much you saved me

31. TwillightDGaming

TwillightDGaming

i seem to have a build problem with il2cpp since unity version 2018.2 im now using version 2018.4.15 iv also tried to build with version 2019.2 but nothing its been three weeks for me now trying to build an apk the console give me the same issue like the others commandInvokationfailure: Gradle build failed
    C:/Program Files/Unity/Editor/Data/PlayEngine/AndroidPlayer/Tools/OpenJDK/Windows/bin/java.exe-classpath
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32,IntPtr) at C:/builslave/unity/build/Modules/IMGUI/GUIUtility.cs:179

32. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hey guys. This is still an issue.

I was able to build, but now I can't for some reason..

google is ontop of jcenter in the libTemplate gradle file.

I have checked Custom Gradle Template.

My JDK is set to 8.

Still no luck with builds..

(using Unity 2019.2.17)

Help?

33. JuliusM

JuliusM

Unity Technologies

34. Deleted User

Deleted User

I would like to.. but I am unsure where to find this %Userfolder% ?

It seems to just say %Userfolder% - and not a specific location on where one could actually find it..

If I could get some additional info on where this %Userfolder% can be found - I will happily try out this fix..

35. JuliusM

JuliusM

Unity Technologies

It's just a home directory which is named as your user name. The location depends on the operating system. Take a look here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Home_directory. For example if you are using WIndows 10, the directory will be in your main drive (named C by default) then "Users" and then your user name.

36. Deleted User

Deleted User

Just tried this out. Issue is still persisting..

:(

37. JuliusM

JuliusM

Unity Technologies

Does your error message look exactly like the one discussed in this thread?
    Code (CSharp):
    1. CommandInvokationFailure: Gradle build failed.
    2. C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_191\bin\java.exe -classpath "C:\Program Files\Unity\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\AndroidPlayer\Tools\gradle\lib\gradle-launcher-4.2.1.jar" org.gradle.launcher.GradleMain "-Dorg.gradle.jvmargs=-Xmx2048m" "assembleRelease"
    3. stderr[
    4. FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.
    5. * What went wrong:
    6. A problem occurred configuring root project 'gradleOut'.
    7. > Could not resolve all files for configuration ':classpath'.
    8.    > Could not find intellij-core.jar (com.android.tools.external.com-intellij:intellij-core:26.0.1).
    9.      Searched in the following locations:
    10.          https://jcenter.bintray.com/com/android/tools/external/com-intellij/intellij-core/26.0.1/intellij-core-26.0.1.jar
    If it just says "CommandInvokationFailure: Gradle build failed." it does not mean that it's the same issue, it could be anything else. This line just points out that building the project with Gradle has failed, the actual error is specified later in the same error message.

38. cultzone

cultzone

we have same problem in the version 2017-2018-2019, but unknow the solutions... there many ways in web, but we dont see the problem??? IDE, JAVA or ANDROID?

39. cultzone

cultzone

the template can be the problem??? oh god...

40. lagzilajcsi

lagzilajcsi

my problem was just a bad password...

41. blackcode101

blackcode101

@developerarreterra Thanks a lot for such a simple solution you saved my day, as i went through many portals and all those solutions mentioned in other portals seems to be a little difficult to understand and implement. I deleted the gradleout folder from my project inside the temp folder and also in the user folder .gradle folder and the build worked like a charm.... Thanks a again...

cultzone likes this.
  42. ffdev78

ffdev78

For Mac users, the User Folder is simply the username you gave to your Mac, so you can find it in Macintosh HD/Users/your_username

Then download Funter here: https://nektony.com/funter
    Install it and run it to show hidden files in your username folder, you'll find the .gradle one.
    Enter it, delete all files, empty the Trash and build your Unity game for Android again, it should work.

43. jmcgraw961

jmcgraw961

Hate to be the guy to say it but if you're having this issue or a variant of it, make sure to completely restart Unity first.