Search Unity

CommandInvokationFailure: Android Asset Packaging Tool failed (No stderr to lookup)

Discussion in 'Android' started by Nezix, Oct 18, 2014.

1. Trungdv

Trungdv

2. GDesmoulins

GDesmoulins

Hello, for me, the problem was in "android-support-v5.jar" files added in Plugins/Android folder... maybe this could help someone ?

3. darkhus

darkhus

I had same problem... it's sloved now, what I done is:
    - installed the newest sdk-build-tools (I got all of them, from 20 to 23.0.2)
    - check if there are no two AndroidManifest.xml files
    - my problem start when I include GoogleMobileAdsPlugin from their site as Unity package. Together with package there was file "project.properties", I deleted it and it worked. So you can check your files inside plugins folder...

hope this will help someone...

4. mennowillems

mennowillems

YES this one works, on win 10

5. archan8

archan8

I'm New To unity please help me.........

Error building Player: CommandInvokationFailure: Failed to re-package resources. See the Console for details.
    E:\Android\android-sdk\build-tools\24.0.0\aapt.exe package --auto-add-overlay -v -f -m -J gen -M AndroidManifest.xml -S "res" -I "E:/Android/android-sdk\platforms\android-24\android.jar" -F bin/resources.ap_ --extra-packages com.oculus.Integration:com.ArchGames.ballarena -S "C:\Users\hotar\Documents\ball arena\Temp\StagingArea\android-libraries\ovrplugin\res" -S "C:\Users\hotar\Documents\ball arena\Temp\StagingArea\android-libraries\unity-android-resources\res"

stderr[
    invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\hotar\Documents\ball arena\Temp\StagingArea\android-libraries\unity-android-resources\res Values
    ]
    stdout[

]

Attached Files:

• nw.jpg
      nw.jpg
      File size:
      276.7 KB
      Views:
  6. Rohit-Joshi

Rohit-Joshi

I am getting the same error. I recently updated SDK to version 26.

CommandInvokationFailure: Unable to list target platforms. Please make sure the android sdk path is correct. See the Console for more details.
    C:/Program Files/Java/jdk1.8.0_121\bin\java.exe -Xmx2048M -Dcom.android.sdkmanager.toolsdir="C:/Users/rohit/AppData/Local/Android/sdk\tools" -Dfile.encoding=UTF8 -jar "C:\Program Files\Unity\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\AndroidPlayer/Tools\sdktools.jar" -

stderr[
    Error:Invalid command android
    ]
    stdout[

]
    exit code: 64
    UnityEditor.Android.Command.Run (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo psi, UnityEditor.Android.WaitingForProcessToExit waitingForProcessToExit, System.String errorMsg)
    UnityEditor.Android.AndroidSDKTools.RunCommandInternal (System.String javaExe, System.String sdkToolsDir, System.String[] sdkToolCommand, Int32 memoryMB, System.String workingdir, UnityEditor.Android.WaitingForProcessToExit waitingForProcessToExit, System.String errorMsg)
    UnityEditor.Android.AndroidSDKTools.RunCommandSafe (System.String javaExe, System.String sdkToolsDir, System.String[] sdkToolCommand, Int32 memoryMB, System.String workingdir, UnityEditor.Android.WaitingForProcessToExit waitingForProcessToExit, System.String errorMsg)
    UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow:BuildPlayerAndRun()

7. drhmiri

drhmiri

Hi there, Thanks to your post, I know exactly what my problem is, because this error was caused after I replaced the content of my StreamingAssets. But I have no way of locating the special char that is causing the error. What was your cuprit special char? How do I go about figuring out what the cause is? Thank you...

8. Squegy

Squegy

If your getting this:
    CommandInvokationFailure: Gradle build failed.
    C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_172\bin\java.exe -classpath "C:\Program Files\Unity\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\AndroidPlayer\Tools\gradle\lib\gradle-launcher-4.2.1.jar" org.gradle.launcher.GradleMain "-Dorg.gradle.jvmargs=-Xmx4096m" "assembleRelease"

Fix is: In the Build Settings/Build System change from gradle to internal it worked

9. IgorAherne

IgorAherne

For me, shutting down unity and restarting computer worked.
    Was getting this error with unity 2018.3.0f2