Search Unity

Command buffer for Post Camera Effects?

Discussion in 'Image Effects' started by resetme, Apr 20, 2018.

1. resetme

resetme

Hi there,

Im used to do camera effects using OnRenderImage but i saw some code with commandBuffer,
    i cant get the idea of it, im trying to do a simple downsample of my current camera render and it wont work at all... looking at the Frame Debugger i cant see the image effect being applied but in game and editor nothing change.

my code goes like:

OnPostRender
    - new Command Buffer
    - GetTemproraryRT of full screen
    - Create a GetTemporary half Size of screen
    - blit the Full Screen temporary to the Half Size screen temporary
    - Remove Full Screen temporary
    - Take the half Screen downsample RT and put it on another Full Screen Temporary
    - blit the downsample full screen into BuiltinRenderTextureType.CurrentActive
    ------->_buffer.Blit(FinalTextureID, BuiltinRenderTextureType.CurrentActive, _bloomMaterial);
    - AddCommandBuffer

That works only inside the frame debugger.
    i tried removing the last blit and use SetGlobalTexture with no lucky.

What im missing here?
    Help!

2. CGDever

CGDever

I'm not a professional, but maybe you create a new commandBuffer each time before the previous one works.
    Look closer at the params in AddCommandBuffer.

3. resetme

resetme

im still trying and looks like if i want to use CommandBuffer as a Post Camera Effect i also need to use OnRenderImage or setup the camera differently. At the end is more expensive to use Command buffer for full screen camera effect.

I remove all of it and went to the only image effect technique with best optimization results.

im doing something wrong?