Search Unity

[COMING SOON] Rove3D: Interactive Production Quality Pathtracing

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by rove3d, Sep 27, 2016.

1. fgnbr

fgnbr

Is it possible to download the watermark? But I tried for a long time, or can not find the link Download

2. fgnbr

fgnbr

The watermark version can directly link to SkyDrive, which is more convenient

3. rove3d

rove3d

It's at the bottom of the page on the main website: https://www.rove3d.com

Then you'll receive an email with the download link.

4. rove3d

rove3d

Last edited: Dec 24, 2016
  5. rove3d

rove3d

@Abuthar - yes, we are working on a subsurface scattering material that should be available in January. The shadows, as well as every aspect of global illumination, is raytraced/pathtraced, so you get physically correct soft shadows and light bounces.

Feel free to download the free demo version from our website so you can get an idea of how you could integrate it with your project. If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to drop me a mail: chris@rove3d.com

6. rove3d

rove3d

Nice renders, I will increase the sun intensity and add more color options, and update by tomorrow.

The fastest way to add RoveObject.cs to every object is to click 'Setup Scene' in the RoveAPI inspector. This will add it to every mesh object in your scene automatically.

7. rove3d

rove3d

@fgnbr - The update has been pushed, v.0.0.3. You can download it from the link you were sent in the original e-mail. The sun intensity is wider, a sun color choice was added with an appropriate default, and direct-sun lighting performance was improved.

8. arapps3d

arapps3d

today I wanted to try the demo version, still getting the dll not found error. Also after installing the intel exe.

DllNotFoundException: Assets/Rove/Plugin/x86_64/DemoRoveD3D11.dll

9. rove3d

rove3d

@fgnbr - thanks for the feedback, I will look into implementing the things you have suggested. One note: pathtracing does more than calculate intensities of light to multiply with the texture, it collects texture colors and intensities at multiple bounces, and sharing these values between pixels would cause artifacts at the edges of objects. The upsample factor is mainly for low-end machines and for faster previews.

@arapps3d - are you using the latest version, v.0.0.3? You can use the original download link in the email to get the newest version. If you still get this issue with the latest version, make sure you are using the 64-bit editor and try installing the VC++ 2012 redistributable:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679

Last edited: Dec 26, 2016
  10. rove3d

rove3d

11. fgnbr

fgnbr

In short, I think of 3 ways to solve the object edge, the first is the above said: you can determine the black pixels belong to the object.
    The second is through the depth information, determine the depth of black pixels closest to a pixel, the third is through the normal vector, determine the plane closest to one pixel, you can own to deal with the edges of objects in a smart way。

And, if you update the sky color function, please let me know, thanks

12. unisip

unisip

Hi I'm trying to get the watermarked demo to work. I'm using Unity 5.5.0f3 on a Win10 PC.
    I'm getting this error:
    Failed to load 'Assets/Rove/Plugin/x86_64/DemoRoveD3D11.dll'

Ok I fixed this by updating my Nvidia drivers. My laptop has a pretty recent GTX 1070 so I figured it would have OpenCL out of the box but it wasn't the case.

Played around with the demo for 30 minutes, this thing really kicks ass, not sure I will resist purchasing it for long. Great job, guys :)

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
    rove3d likes this.
  13. Galfaroth

Galfaroth

How can I pay you for the sneak peak?

14. TechnicalArtist

TechnicalArtist

How to get beta or demo version for testing?

15. rove3d

rove3d

@3d_Artist1987 In a week or so v.0.1.0 will be released and it will be available through the website again. It is only temporarily off of the website leading up to this new version. Follow the Twitter account for the announcement: https://www.twitter.com/rove3d

16. TechnicalArtist

TechnicalArtist

thanks for reply.

17. fgnbr

fgnbr

Report Bug
    Unicode character set is not supported,Run path contains Chinese characters can not run,Project path can not have Chinese characters,And the new version does not support Memory (>2M Tris) yet?

Bug_看图王.jpg

18. aj1176

aj1176

Hi
    I'm looking forward to the final version of the program.
    its greet asset !!

19. bnogalc

bnogalc

Looks very promising.

I see you have to add a script to every object.
    Will be a way to add repeated objects as DrawMeshInstanced calls?
    It doesn't need to have the same API, but a way to add/remove lot of repeated elements.

20. unity_fa22fPQ5exjKUQ

unity_fa22fPQ5exjKUQ

is the project closed? and then on RTX 2080Ti it would run in real time, and even more by 7 nm .. :D

21. TooManySugar

TooManySugar

totally dead,, consider Bakery instead.