Search Unity

[Coming Soon] Extreme AI personality engine version 2.0 coming in March!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Jeff_Georgeson, Feb 12, 2017.

1. Jeff_Georgeson

Jeff_Georgeson

Hi all!

The next full version of Extreme AI is coming soon (like, around the middle of March 2017), with all the brain-mimicking features of version one, plus the following changes:
    • ExAI2 is much faster in-game, able to deal with large numbers of personality checks much more efficiently than in v1
    • New character personalities can be created on the fly, in-game
    • Character personalities can also be deleted in-game
    • You can now check and change more personality values directly in code, such as changing facet values directly
    • A new drop-down list in the character editor lets you see all the character names you’ve created at once, rather than offering suggestions
    • Two new response types have been added having to do with voting, as in the TheyVote! demo
    • You can now choose the save location for character personalities, rather than being forced to use the default

If you’ve bought ExAI version 1 during calendar year 2017, you will be able to upgrade to version 2 for free! And if you bought v1 before that, you’ll still get a discounted upgrade price (which I haven’t figured out exactly, yet).

Any comments/thoughts appreciated!

More news soon!

Best regards,
    Jeff Georgeson
    Quantum Tiger Games

2. LostPhilosopher

LostPhilosopher

Seems good but lack of great demo or free version is a barrier for entry.

3. Jeff_Georgeson

Jeff_Georgeson

Thanks for the comment!

We don't have a free version, but there is a "Lite" version (https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/ai/extreme-ai-light-v2-84912) for $25 (which counts toward the purchase of the full version). Also, there is a demo on YouTube (which I can't seem to link to without creating a giant in-line video window; try YouTube + "watch?v=OaxVWR1zHxM")--I do admit it's not a "great" demo :). We're working on a fuller demo (which is turning itself into a game).

Santa36 likes this.