Search Unity

[COMING SOON] CITADEL: Desert Palace & Town Environment Pack

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by macalpineventures, May 1, 2021.

1. macalpineventures

macalpineventures

Introducing CITADEL, the AAA-quality Desert Town & Palace Environment Pack; perfect for rapidly creating impressive desert scenes with gorgeous backdrops and stunning playable areas.

CITADEL has been designed with an UNCHARTED™ aesthetic in mind, with the versatility to be used in any fantasy, adventure, action, MMO, RPG, survival or BR projects.

Details:
    Fully HDRP and Built-In/Standard compatible (contact us if you require a version that is URP compatible)
    Full support for Unity versions 2019.4.0 or higher.
    ● Suitable for all camera perspectives from 1st person to top-down
    ● Recommended for PC/Console platforms
    ● Not recommended for mobile platforms
    Package includes:
    ● over 80 AAA game-ready assets optimised for quality and performance;
    ● large 2km² game-ready demo scene with palace background and playable desert town (demo scene runs at >200fps in 1080p on an RTX 2070);
    ● 30+ modular palace parts;
    ● 30+ modular town parts (including 8 house/tower variants, and 10+ parts (such as antennas and balconies) to further diversify the house variants;
    ● modular wall parts (with 3 detail layers that can be tweaked and modified to age the appearance of the walls);
    ● high-quality optimised PBR textures (albedo, AO, specular, normal) at 4096x4096 as well as HDRP-specific textures;
    ● source substance designer '.sbs' files are provided for palace/town-specific model materials;
    ● complete lush vegetation and props set: 2x variants of palm trees, ivy, elm trees, pallets, canopies, satellite dishes and more!
    **Screenshots and trailer were made using HDRP with mixed realtime and baked lighting. The released package contains no lightmaps (realtime lighting only).

Asset Store Link:
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packag...el-desert-town-palace-environment-pack-194885

Thanks,
    Calum @ MacAlpine Ventures

Last edited: Oct 2, 2021
  2. giraffe1

giraffe1

What post effects do you use in your asset trailers?

A lot of your youtube videos look really blurry so it is very difficult to gauge the texture quality and sharpness. Or maybe youtube encoding is causing it?

3. macalpineventures

macalpineventures

Hello there,

I believe YouTube encoding is the most likely culprit for blur, as we always ensure to avoid forms of lossy compression in our preview/trailer production pipeline.

With regards to post-processing effects, it differs between packages, but for the CITADEL environment specifically, we used a simple stack that looks as follows: neutral tonemapping, ambient occlusion, and a custom physically based sky.

Thanks,
    Calum

4. DEEnvironment

DEEnvironment

this package looks amazing and is going on my wish list
    keep up the great work and hope to see more of your artwork supporting 12x and higher

macalpineventures likes this.
  5. macalpineventures

macalpineventures

Thank you so much for the kind words!

6. Kaen_SG

Kaen_SG

are the walls and doors for the buildings double sided?
    interesting in picking this up but worried I would not be able to walk into it.

7. macalpineventures

macalpineventures

Hey there!

As of the most recent update, the majority of the models are just exteriors. There is one building with a fleshed out interior, with a plan to add more in the future, but for now it is mainly exteriors.

Thanks,
    Calum

8. bilalabba

bilalabba

yess i found out when i bought the asset that it was just exterior i hoped it was a palace inside out im a little bit dissapointed about. and that and because it has no colliders to.and most of the materials in standard pipeline are pink so maybe you have some info to help me. im just started with unity and wanted to buy this asset beceause i thought it contained ready to use buildings.

9. macalpineventures

macalpineventures

Hey there,

Shoot me an email at calumtorrington@me.com and we'd be more than happy to lend support!

Thanks,
    Calum

10. path123456

path123456

11. macalpineventures

macalpineventures

12. unity_5571385D669BE88E5293

unity_5571385D669BE88E5293

Everything is pink, how can I fix this? Thank you.

Attached Files:

• pink.png
      pink.png
      File size:
      114.8 KB
      Views:
    Jessejuice likes this.
  13. macalpineventures

macalpineventures

Hello there, apologies for not replying sooner.

The package as first imported is compatible with HDRP, so one method to fix this issue is to import the package into a fresh HDRP project.

Alternatively, double click on the CITADEL_standardMaterials assetpackage within the Citadel folder and import the contents, this will replace the HDRP materials with Standard materials and will replace the demo scene with a Built-in RP compatible scene.

I hope this helps. If not, please don’t hesitate to contact me by email at calumtorrington@icloud.com

Thanks,
    Calum

Floresssss likes this.