Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] Cinext VR Runtime Editor

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by JanneMon, Nov 13, 2017.

1. JanneMon

JanneMon

VRRuntimeEditorLarge.png

Cinext VR Runtime Editor is simple and easy to use tool that allows you to edit your scene geometry in VR!

Supports HTC Vive and Oculus Rift

With Cinext VR Runtime Editor you can:
    -Change object location, scale and rotation with gizmos
    -Drag objects with natural movement of hands
    -Duplicate objects
    -Instantiate prefabs to the scene
    -Delete objects in the scene
    -Undo and redo changes
    -Select nonvisible objects through hierarchy
    -Select larger entities through hierarchy
    -Modify various post processing effects in VR space
    -Scene transform and object changes are saved after leaving the play mode

Asset store page

Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
    nirvanajie likes this.
  2. JanneMon

JanneMon

Cinext VR Runtime Editor is now available in asset store! ;)

3. iluildephonse

iluildephonse

Hi , is it possible to take builds after adding cinext ?

4. JanneMon

JanneMon

Hi iluildephonse, I don't fully understand your question. Do you mean if cinext can be used in the project that is build or if you can use scene modified with cinext in build?

And i'm terribly sorry for the answer delay :( I thought I would get an email about a forum post, but apparently not.

5. Oyshoboy

Oyshoboy

Hi! I bought an asset on asset store, and havin an issue.
    When I creating a new scene, pasting a VRRuntimeEditor prefab and hit play, when trying to place something this error apperes : http://joxi.ru/5md04OXIkw7lYm (screenshot)

And it's don't let me to build anything...

In a example scene everything is okay

6. JanneMon

JanneMon

Hi Oyshoboy, I sent you a private message about your problem :)

7. JanneMon

JanneMon

Thanks to Oyshoboy we tackled one important bug in the last small update to the asset :) We will be rolling a bit bigger update in the very near future so stay tuned!

8. AlbyonIO

AlbyonIO

Hi !
    I just bought Cinext Editor VR and i have an issue.

I'm using an Oculus Rift, and Unity 2017.2f03

When I hit the "play" button, it seems that SteamVR doesn't recognize the Unity Editor when no input is recorded. The game is playable with the headset only if i had a mouse input interaction with the game window.

Here is a litte video of my problem : the game is playing when i'm clicking and moving the mouse :

Can you help me with that ? :)

9. JanneMon

JanneMon

Hi and sorry to hear you are having issues. Does the oculus controllers work and can you manipulate the scene at all? Is that the example scene coming with the plugin without any changes? Hace you disabled Oculus SDK from the project XR settings?

10. AlbyonIO

AlbyonIO

Hello, thanks for the reply.

It's a new project with only the 3 plugins installed : SteamVR, PostProcessingStack, and Cinext.
    The touch controls are working and the VR SDK, in UnityXR settings, is set on OpenVR only.

I think the problem is coming from SteamVR, maybe the SteamVR has some special settings ? How can I help you to tsolve the problem ?

11. JanneMon

JanneMon

I tried the plugin with Unity 2017.2f03, but I'm not having this error so it seems indeed that it is some error with the SteamVR itself. In the example video you posted, what does the red text say in english when you try to play but don't activate the viewport with the mouse?

12. AlbyonIO

AlbyonIO

Oh, yeah ! Sorry i don't translate it !
    On Steam VR, when the game window is not activated, It says "Unity.exe - not responding" .
    It says just "Unity.exe" in white when i activate the game.

13. JanneMon

JanneMon

Ok, that is really strange behaviour and I can't find any other case like that in the google. Have you experienced any other programs/games using your oculus? Can you try the plugin with newer engine version?

14. AlbyonIO

AlbyonIO

Thant you for your investissment.
    In order to answer to your questions :

- I never encounter problems when running Unity Editor, or even build, with my oculus.
    - The SteamVR is working fine, with different games on Steam.

I really think there is a problem with the communication between SteamVR and Unity.

I wiil continue to do some tests with different version of Unity/SteamVR plugins, and i keep you informed :)

15. JanneMon

JanneMon

One more thing came into my mind. Do you have your monitor and oculus attached into the same graphics card, or is your monitor attached to the motherboard and oculus to the gpu, or are you using laptop?

16. AlbyonIO

AlbyonIO

Hi !

I'm coming back to you, with my problem solved !

I have installed many versions of Unity ( to unity 5.5 to 2018.1.0b13 ), and i think the built-in OpenVR SDK has been overrided, so all my VR projects were not working with Unity 2017.

So, Cinext VR works fine with the last beta version of Unity (2018.1.0b13). Just note that, when you have this version installed, the VR projects are not comaptible on Unity 2017.3.

Thank you for your support, i will test your tool with my team this week :)

17. JanneMon

JanneMon

Glad to hear you got it working! :)

18. Corysia

Corysia

Please note that Cinext VR Runtime Editor v.0.3.2b seems to require SteamVR 1.2.3 and does not work with SteamVR v.2.0.1 which is the current version in the asset store. In two cases, it's a simple changes of adding
    Code (CSharp):
    1. using Valve.VR;
    but elsewhere, SteamVR_Controller and SteamVR_ControllerManager are called and they no longer exist in 2.x

19. JanneMon

JanneMon

Hi, thanks for reporting this. We will take a look at the issue.

20. Corysia

Corysia

I opened up the ExampleScene/Example1 in the package and I'm having a problem with my controllers. I have an Oculus Touch and I see from the YouTube videos, the demonstrator also has Touch controllers. I'm looking at the tooltips for the buttons and mine don't match. I have "Teleport" and "Shader Toggle" on my right hand, but the Teleport tip is actually floating over the top of the Oculus button, not the thumbstick. And I do not have a delete tooltip.

My left hand controller only has the Teleport tooltip. Neither hand has tips on the trigger or grip buttons.

I'm unable to figure out how to move around in the scene. Teleport doesn't seem to work.

I'm able to select, duplicate, scale. But my list of prefabs is empty, even though the script shows all the default ones when I look at the Unity Inspector pane.

EDIT: Hold on...I may have been looking at older videos. I found the 0.2 video now and it looks more like my controllers. I will have to try all this again.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
  21. JanneMon

JanneMon

Are you still having issues with the tooltips?

22. Corysia

Corysia

RealLife™ has interrupted my dev this last week, so I haven't had a chance to check, yet. I will post again if I'm having trouble.

23. JanneMon

JanneMon

Hi. I found the bug that caused labels to be at wrong location. We will release an update to the plugin next week and that plugin also updates Cinext to support the new Steam Vr -plugin version.

24. Corysia

Corysia

Great! I'm looking forward to it. But, did you make it compatible still with SteamVR 1.2.3? From talking with a lot of AR/VR devs on the Unity Community Discord channel, many complain that SteamVR 2.x is full of bugs right now.

25. JanneMon

JanneMon

No I didn't make it backwards combatible :/ The tooltip fix is really simple fix, maybe we should just release that bug fix and offer a separate way to upgdare to the new Steam VR version is user so wants?

26. JanneMon

JanneMon

Hi, I just submitted new version of the plugin to the asset store and it should be available in a few days. The patch fixes the tooltips and one shader that had an error with Unity 2018. The plugin is still compatible with SteamVR 1.2.3, but if you wan't support for the newest version please contact us.

27. stiereratze

stiereratze

Hello, as part of a project work I am working on a VR application. The user should be able to scale and position objects themselves. In order to make the operation easy, only these functions should be available, is this feasible with this tool?
    Sincerely
    Florian

28. JanneMon

JanneMon

Hi. I can take a look if it is easy to make adjustment so that only scaling and repositioning is possible. So you don't want any spawning or duplicationg features? What about rotation?

29. MaxTedUnity

MaxTedUnity

Hi.
    When build it with standalone platform and run it, there is no thumbnail image in the prefab toolbar window. screenshot01.jpg
    Unity 2017.3.1p4/Cinext VR 0.3.3b

30. JanneMon

JanneMon

Hi, does this happen also in the editor with same engine version? If I remember correctly some engine versions have bug where the thumbnail image cannot be created from the prefab.

31. MaxTedUnity

MaxTedUnity

I tested it with Unity 2017.2.0f3, 2017.3.1f1, 2017.3.1p1, 2017.3.1p2, 2017.3.1p3 and 2017.4.15f1 but has same result.
    Can you let me know which version is stabilize to standalone platform?

Last edited: Nov 20, 2018
  32. JanneMon

JanneMon

Hello. I just looked at the thumbnail code and it seems like the prefab image should work as it should when using the plugin in the editor. When using plugin in the builded projec the prefab thumbnail is forced to be only a grey image and currently I'm not aware of a way to get prefab image in builded project :/

33. Skyfly

Skyfly

Hey there, is this wrapped in dlls or is the source accessible?

34. JanneMon

JanneMon

All source is accessible.

Skyfly likes this.
  35. noorbeast

noorbeast

Can we please have compatiability with Post Processing 2.

36. JanneMon

JanneMon

Hi. Post processing stack v2 doesn't seem to be available from the Asset store directly yet. We don't want the plugin to require assets that must be downloaded from somewhere else than Asset store. Could you do the post processing modifications while not in Play-mode for now?

37. DrDigg0R

DrDigg0R

Hi guys,
    Post Processing stack v2 is available via the Unity Package Manager now.
    upload_2019-7-15_19-30-21.png

38. JanneMon

JanneMon

Thanks for informing. Shame the package manager doesn't work with Unity 2017 and still not available from asset store :/ But I'll start implementing the PP V2 and see what problems it might bring.

39. DrDigg0R

DrDigg0R

That's great news; thank you for your effort :)

Please let me know if you need someone to help with testing.

40. JanneMon

JanneMon

Support for post process V2 is now available :)

DrDigg0R likes this.
  41. DrDigg0R

DrDigg0R

Cool, I hope I can check it out the next days. I'll report back!

Cheers

Edit: Meanwhile, I had the chance to check it out again; worked well for me..

Last edited: Mar 21, 2020
  42. JanneMon

JanneMon

Please do.

43. VRKid

VRKid

Hey man, I tried to load your editor and up popped about a dozen script errors. Does this plugin still work?!?

Unity: 2018.3.14

I have a VIVE.

44. VRKid

VRKid

Tried updating to current 2019 build of Unity, same thing... about 8 compile errors or so just after importing and dropping the prefab in a completely empty scene, new project (with steamvr).

45. JanneMon

JanneMon

Hi, did you contact us through email already?

46. VRKid

VRKid

Ok, developers helped me fix everything up, works awesome.

47. tim44

tim44

Do you see this editor ever running on oculus quest? Or can it be modified to within reason?

Is this asset only for running inside of the unity editor? Will it run in game as a level creator?

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020