Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Coming soon: Cinemachine Game Rig - add awesome to your in-game cameras

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AdamMyhill, Sep 17, 2016.

1. AdamMyhill

AdamMyhill

Cinemachine Game Rig is in its final round of testing and will be available soon. It contains a number of features to give you sophisticated camera controls for your in-game cameras which are:

Free-Look
    Incredibly sophisticated 3rd person action adventure free-look ‘orbit’ camera which allows for an unprecedented amount of control. Easily blend between Free-Look rigs for different scenarios like certain animations (roadie run camera shakes on sprint animations) or for when your character transitions between different game areas (camera goes higher when character moves outside).

Reactor
    The ultimate driving camera. For any driving / flying / follow cam. We previously designed camera systems on AAA driving games and Reactor is the result of that experience, giving you the highest level of control.

Collider
    A robust suite of camera collision tools which keep your shots from getting tangled with the world. Collider respects the desired composition of your frame when using Composer, so it checks that what you are looking at isn’t obstructed. Add sophisticated compositional and world based collisions to any Cinemachine camera.

Cloud
    Every Cloud shot contains as many sub-cameras as you wish to setup. When you call Cloud shot it will check to see if the first camera has a clear shot and if so it will use it, if not it will go down the list of cameras until it finds one with a clear shot. Cinemachine Cloud allows you to add variability to replays, player intros, death sequences, or create dynamic sequences of variable events - always cut to a good shot!

Cinemachine Game Rig lives inside Base Rig, which is a virtual camera environment providing incredible amounts of control. Checkout how fast and easy it is to create AAA cameras.

The best of all - no programming - settings are saved even in play mode - iterate quickly - easily experiment - see how strong camera work will add incredible value to your project.

There's more info on the website, thanks for looking!
    http://www.cinemachineimagery.com/

Cinemachine on the asset store 5/5 review
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/60946

theANMATOR2b and neoshaman like this.
  2. neoshaman

neoshaman

I have a weird request if possible, I want, for a given objects, find the projected bound on screen and get its dimension in pixels. Basically I want to be able to script things base on FOV, this pixel bound and object's distance. Is the source code delivered with the asset for adaptation?

3. AdamMyhill

AdamMyhill

Hi neoshaman,

Really interesting request, I understand what you're going for. There's a few ways to tackle that problem for sure and lots of interesting uses for it !

Cinemachine doesn't ship with the source code. There's a lot of math going on under that Cinemachine hood which took us a long time to perfect and get right.

4. XaneFeather

XaneFeather

This looks very promising! Any release time window you have in mind?

5. AdamMyhill

AdamMyhill

Early October

6. XaneFeather

XaneFeather

So, any word on this? I'm eagerly waiting to use it in a prototype.

7. jilt

jilt

We bought Cinemachine Base Rig (which presumably includes this) and it got deprecated from the store a day later? Could you explain what's going on?

8. AdamMyhill

AdamMyhill

Hi ZaneFeather,

Unity has acquired Cinemachine and Game Rig will be included in a future release of Unity. Early next year.

9. AdamMyhill

AdamMyhill

Hi jilt,

Cinemachine Base Rig does not include Game Rig. They're separate components. Base Rig has been temporarily removed from the Asset Store because it will become part of Unity in a coming release. So, the good news is that you'll get Game Rig for free when it ships with Unity.

It's standard practice for Unity to remove assets from the store in a scenario like this. The whole point is to minimize annoyance of those who have purchased an asset, only to find it show up for free later. It was removed from the store as soon as the arrangement was made. I understand you frustration. email me at adam.myhill@unity3d.com and I'll send you a beta of Game Rig.

Adam

10. FrankenCreations

FrankenCreations

Any update on when or where i can get the game rig? I have been using base rig since just before it was removed from the asset store. I really like the way it works and have had good luck so far but I have had a spot of trouble with collisions. I am trying to use it as a 3rd person camera and it works great until i go in a tunnel, hit a wall or any of the other actions that make a player typically non visable. I tried setting up several virtual cams that disable themselves when the player isnt in view from their position and it works fairly well until the camera moves through a wall to get from its current location to one that can see the player.

I think the available colliders and features in the game rig would surely help me solve this i just dont know how to get them. I know for sure if game rig works as well as base rig I will have no trouble.

If there is another thread more pertinent to this please just link me to it as i dont mind reading. This was the thread google suggested though and im at a loss for where else to look.

Oh and just because i haven't said it yet, thanks to Adam and Unity for the base rig it has been awesome so far.

11. shamsfk

shamsfk

Hi! Any news on the Game Rig?