Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Comic Book Manga shaders

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Admiral-Skye, Jun 22, 2013.

1. Admiral-Skye

Admiral-Skye

Hello everyone, this is sort of the first Asset I'm making. I wanted to make some shaders and noticed that there are no classic comic book shaders(at least nothing found in a search in the Asset Store), so I decided to make one. I made a shader replaces the shading with dots(or pretty much any tiled pattern you want). I then made a second one that extends the dots to the texture of the mesh so it looks like really old comic books. I also decided to go ahead and make a manga shader that desaturates the texture and while not every manga has patterned shadows, I made a line pattern for the example. You can adjust the tile size of the pattern, the color of the pattern, and the intensity of the pattern. Here's and image with all 3 shaders.

$Shaders.jpg

This was my first attempt at making shaders, I'll probably make more versions with outlines for the comic book ones and make them compatible with transparency. I'll likely put them up in the Asset Store once I've made all the different versions that might be needed. I was thinking between $5-$10 for the set.

2. TVE

TVE

i would recommend making a webplayer showing some 3d models with the shading, so people can see how it looks in game before purchasing. Good job!

3. Admiral-Skye

Admiral-Skye