Search Unity

Combining Image targets with Ground plane

Discussion in 'Vuforia' started by whitebozo, Jan 10, 2019.

1. whitebozo

whitebozo

I have been away from Vuforia development for a bit, ground planes are still fairly new to me. But now I need to update an older project that used exclusively Image targets to one that also has Ground planes.

The use case is to include a lock feature for the AR objects. I have a feature like this in a Hololens application I did a while back, allowing for the user to anchor the image detected object to the spatial map the Hololens created.

So my first approach to this solution is to detect the image, object appears and then have a "Lock" option, which in turn moves the object from the image target to the ground stage. Obviously it's not as easy as it seems at least I don't think it is I haven't actually tried it yet as I'm not sure how the Plane Finder works. Neither of the scripts are accessible to actually determine how to go about creating an anchor and moving the object to a ground stage.

Has anyone else done something similar to this? Is this even the right approach? Is there an easier way to add a lock feature to keep the object where it is in world space without depending on the image after it is originally detected.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019