Search Unity

Resolved Combine uGUI & UI Toolkit

Discussion in 'UI Toolkit' started by Sergey_ksubox, Sep 4, 2021.

1. Sergey_ksubox

Sergey_ksubox

Hello,
    I had to combine old uGUI interface & new UI Toolkit dialogs, but meet the problem:
    All mouse event go to uGUI elements and UI Toolkit gets mouse event only if no uGUI elements behind it (Rendering order is ok).
    I wonder how to put UI Toolkit "in front" of uGUI Canvas in terms of mouse event processing ?
    upload_2021-9-4_21-42-18.png

2. AlexandreT-unity

AlexandreT-unity

Unity Technologies

What is the render mode of you uGUI Canvas?

3. Sergey_ksubox

Sergey_ksubox

I tried Screen Space Overlay & Screen Space Camera - both don't work.
    Temporary I found solution - disable Graphic Raycaster component of Canvas object when show UI Toolkit dialog and enable back when close dialog. But I expect more elegant solution.

4. AlexandreT-unity

AlexandreT-unity

Unity Technologies

Did you try changing the sort order of the uitoolkit panel settings vs canvas?

v-strelchenko likes this.
  5. Sergey_ksubox

Sergey_ksubox

Yes I tried. Originally Canvas & UIDocument objects had UI Layer & Order == 0.
    Setting UIDocument Order to 1 (or 2, 3,...) didn't help.
    And what I also found:
    - If Canvas Order == 0 and UIDocuments Order > 0 all mouse events go to Canvas and UIDocuments rendered in front of canvas
    - If Canvas Order > 0 and UIDocuments Order > 0 all mouse events go to Canvas and UIDocuments rendered behind canvas even UIDocuments Order > Canvas Order!

Looks like Order of UIDocuments doesn't matter ! It always use 0 Order.

But after your mail I decided to check one stupid idea - if we can't change Order for UIDocument from 0 may be Canvas Order == -1 help. So I set it to -1 and it WORKS!

So thank you very much for your reply.
    And, please ask developers to fix that bug/"feature" with UIDocument to enable Sort Order management.

6. AlexandreT-unity

AlexandreT-unity

Unity Technologies

Could you go in Help > Report a Bug... and submit a bug report with a small repro of the issue? It would help a lot. Thanks

7. antoine-unity

antoine-unity

Unity Technologies

Be sure to look at the Panel Settings asset Sort Order, not the UI Document's.
    UI Document sort order sorts them inside a single panel. The Panels & Canvases are the ones that can get sorted together.

hayricakir likes this.