Search Unity

Combile work from unity personal to unity pro

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by priyapal, Jul 14, 2018.

1. priyapal

priyapal

I'm working on texturing and shading few models using unity student personal edition. Can the unity output file generated from the personal edition be used in a pro or a plus version of the software?

2. superpig

superpig

Drink more water! Unity Technologies

Yes. Just remember that you're not allowed to use Unity Personal at the same time as Plus/Pro on one project; when you switch, you have to switch properly, both for yourself and for anyone else on your team.

hippocoder, priyapal and Ryiah like this.
  3. priyapal

priyapal

Thanks for the reply. One more question based on your reply -
    I'm freelancing and working using Unity Personal and the rest of the team are on pro/plus.
    Project wise, these are individual models and I'm texturing these models using Unity Personal. So when I provide these outputs back to my team, would they be able to use it in Pro?

4. AndersMalmgren

AndersMalmgren

As long as you don't make more than 100k freelancing I guess it's ok, but I'm not sure.

5. Ryiah

Ryiah

My understanding of the license is that you would need to purchase a subscription for the appropriate tier. I've highlighted the text that mentions this in the image in the spoiler below.

NoVersionMixing.png

angrypenguin likes this.
  6. superpig

superpig

Drink more water! Unity Technologies

As I understand things it's a bit of a grey area. We don't want to prevent people who are genuine freelancers getting started in the Unity ecosystem from taking on Pro/Plus clients, but at the same time we do not want organisations who really should have everyone on Pro/Plus to cheat their way out of paying for licenses by declaring their staff as contractors.

Your best bet is probably to email support@unity3d.com and ask them for an official answer.

AndersMalmgren likes this.