Search Unity

Combat Framework

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by username_unity_of_my, Aug 29, 2016.

1. f1chris

f1chris

Yes thanks. But if you're to develop a 2.5D type I would suggest a few things. Best 2.5D games have a certain degree of movement back and forth. So just blocking one axis may not be optimal. So instead of seeing it as a pure 2D (kind of Mario Bros) you can by example move the character few feet to his left and right ...so is with aiming. It's still a sidescrolling game but with some movement freedom on the 3rd axe where you can hide behind something or use an optional ladder or somthing like that.

Just my 2 cents.....

2. Darkhitori

Darkhitori

Just wondering if it was possible if you can make the top down controller have a option to move by keyboard and joystick instead of just click to move mouse .....So that you can have direct control of the player movement while using the top down controller?

3. username_unity_of_my

username_unity_of_my

Sure, you can modify OrbitCamera to exclude rotating around player. Place camera above player, remove calls to input in camera script ( LateUpdate).
    Camera will follow player looking from above in top down view.

4. Darkhitori

Darkhitori

Cool thanks for the reply!!!

5. sewerstyle

sewerstyle

Hello, Mario.

Demos looks really great.
    Have couple of questions(excuse me for my english):
    1. Is Dynamic Obstacle Avoidance package full included in this combat framework?
    2. I'm interested to make arcade slasher with top-down or isometric camera view like in Dungeon Hunter. Character should have several type of actions like regular/special attacks, cast spell, drink heal potion. How easy it could be to implement different attack types for single weapon, if I need to have some sequence for regular attack, and need to interrupt that sequence to start special attack animation with the same weapon.
    3. I've noticed that character use same one sequence of strikes every time. Is it possible/easy to randomize part of actions in sequence?
    4. The last question is a bit off topic. I suppose, that current enemies AI is more than enough for slasher type of game. Local avoidance looks just fantastic, and it made me wonder if I could use it to simple kind of strategy game. If the map will be simple and no need for formations, how do you think is this possible? :)

Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
  6. username_unity_of_my

username_unity_of_my

1. Currently its just part of avoidance package, not full ( not object avoidance, just character and only one type ) - but I plan to include full
    2 / 3. There are currently 2 attack combo - normal and heavy. Keep in mind that every weapon can have ( and have in demos ) different animations ( locomotion, attack, block etc ) for same actions.
    - you can create changing attack in middle of combo by branching and excecuting one or the other based on condition ( as usuall i think).
    4. Well, you can use formations - this is just local avoidance - you create formations points and they will 'locally avoidingly ' go to that point.

PS: There is more talk on local avoidance package in this thread than official one. I should add link to this thread.

7. Reiner

Reiner

What do you thing finished multiplayer?

Greetz Reiner

BryanO likes this.
  8. username_unity_of_my

username_unity_of_my

I should submit update with multiplayer in a day or two.

BryanO likes this.
  9. Reiner

Reiner

wow sounds good

BryanO likes this.
  10. username_unity_of_my

username_unity_of_my

No man, I just added a feature before release

So it dragged a little.
    To do that I had to make combat(strafe) animations for unarmed and all weapons, plus I made main character be made of 1 mesh and had to rearrange UVs and textures.
    That took time.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
    BryanO likes this.
  11. JasonWild

JasonWild

Just downloaded this in a new project on Unity 2017.1.0 and I have a bunch of errors showing this.

Broken text PPtr in file(Assets/_CombatFramework/Resources/Animators/NPCAnimator.controller). Local file identifier (110267818) doesn't exist!
    Broken text PPtr in file(Assets/_CombatFramework/Resources/Animators/NPCAnimator.controller). Local file identifier (110279208) doesn't exist!
    Broken text PPtr in file(Assets/_CombatFramework/Resources/Animators/NPCAnimator.controller). Local file identifier (110267818) doesn't exist!
    Broken text PPtr in file(Assets/_CombatFramework/Resources/Animators/NPCAnimator.controller). Local file identifier (110267064) doesn't exist!
    Broken text PPtr in file(Assets/_CombatFramework/Resources/Animators/NPCAnimator.controller). Local file identifier (110252008) doesn't exist!
    Broken text PPtr in file(Assets/_CombatFramework/Resources/Animators/NPCAnimator.controller). Local file identifier (110267064) doesn't exist!
    Broken text PPtr in file(Assets/_CombatFramework/Resources/Animators/NPCAnimator.controller). Local file identifier (110269166) doesn't exist!
    Broken text PPtr in file(Assets/_CombatFramework/Resources/Animators/NPCAnimator.controller). Local file identifier (110217250) doesn't exist!
    Broken text PPtr in file(Assets/_CombatFramework/Resources/Animators/NPCAnimator.controller). Local file identifier (110269166) doesn't exist!

Please Help. Thanks

12. username_unity_of_my

username_unity_of_my

I looked into the error and it seems like it is some kind of Unity import bug. I cleared console and it did not show errors again. Project works fine.

13. username_unity_of_my

username_unity_of_my

Combat Framework versions 3.4 and 3.5 are released.

Version 3.4 added Photon Networking support and lock on target feature. More on 3.4 updates look here: 3.4 updates
    Version 3.5 is just a little update which changes some workings and bugfixes. v3.5 release notes

Here are new tutorials:

Photon Lobby Setup:

Photon Scene Setup

Change Animations Tutorial

Scene Setup Tutorial

Scene Zones Setup

Last edited: Aug 29, 2017
    LoDx likes this.
  14. sewerstyle

sewerstyle

How long it will be on sale? Until Monday?

15. ftejada

ftejada

Does your asset contain what it shows in the video?

I'm just interested in the "LegIK"
    Do you sell it separately?

regards

16. username_unity_of_my

username_unity_of_my

I dont know. I thought it would be on sale from 10th to 15th, but it started on 5th. I dont know will it be until 10th or 15th.

17. username_unity_of_my

username_unity_of_my

No, Its in this package only. Now that you mentioned it, maybe I will create only legsIK package. I dont know when though, its currently all interconnected with other scripts.

ftejada likes this.
  18. BryanO

BryanO

When can we expect NPC teams so we can make conmen networked games like capture the flag and team death match? Or better is there a small but of code you can post to enable teams?

19. username_unity_of_my

username_unity_of_my

I cant say really when. Many people asked for many things to implement. I can say that will ( most probably unless some unforseen problem occur ) be in next or one after that update, depends on the problems I'll encounter.
    I dont have quick code to enable teams, sorry. If i have I would include it in the package.

BryanO likes this.
  20. BryanO

BryanO

can you jump in on modding the bow to make other projectile weapons for the player? Throwing Daggers, Rocks, AK-47s ect?

while swapping the model is straightforward and additional projectiles can be created - swapping in new animations is confusing - I've replaced the original animation clip names in the text field c_BowAim1, c_TakeArrow c_BowRelease1 and added new animations clips - but this only changes things for one shot - then the animations and fire routine stall until you unequip and reequip the modded bow weapon.The you get another single shot.

Perhaps a tutorial on how to make a shotgun for instance? That would be fun with the chainsaw.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
  21. username_unity_of_my

username_unity_of_my

Adding ranged weapons in among my first priorities, but there are so much things to add to this project it will take time - most important, finish inventory, ranged weapons ( player and npcs ), teams, change/upgrade climbing animations and system to make it easier, add UI system to add custom triggers, player clothing customization etc...

22. BryanO

BryanO

You have ranged weapons the bow ??! I just want to know why after modding it with new animations it will only function for one round and then need to be reequipped to fire again -

23. username_unity_of_my

username_unity_of_my

Yes the bow, but bow works a little different. You shoot once then reload then shoot again. Dont use bow system for shotgun for instance. There is all kind of bow checks before shooting - is bow equipped? is arrow in place for shooting? is arrow drawn etc... there is arrow draw animation after every shot.
    Its better to add another weapon type ( Rifles, Pistols ) then add locomotion with weapon, after that add aiming animation to upper layer.
    Then use aim flag to switch between locomotion and aim.
    This is just of the top of my head, there is draw animation, reload animation etc..

BryanO likes this.
  24. LoDx

LoDx

hi @username_unity_of_my ,
    Nice asset !!
    Question :-
    - does it comes with mobile control support ? ( eg :- movement joystick / touch support especially the UI , items system..etc )

Thanks

25. username_unity_of_my

username_unity_of_my

It does not have mobile controls yet ( its on TODO list along screen scroller demo ) although I have made mobile version with poor mobile controls just to test. Contact me on inbox and I can give you .apk build if you want.

LoDx likes this.
  26. paulojsam

paulojsam

are you thinking in adding a first person view also

27. username_unity_of_my

username_unity_of_my

Probably after I add ranged weapons ( firearms ). Its not on near top of my TODO list though.

BryanO likes this.
  28. Frax228

Frax228

Hi Mario.
    Scene zone is valid only for npc or other gameobjects too?

29. username_unity_of_my

username_unity_of_my

You can put any game object under scene zone to deactivate/activate upon leaving/entering..

30. Jparker79

Jparker79

Will this asset and it's functions work with the UMA Dynamic Avatar system?

31. username_unity_of_my

username_unity_of_my

I haven't worked with UMA DA, but as far as I can see its character creator not character controller. So I think it should work - you create character through UMA then create player through CombatFramework.

32. BryanO

BryanO

attacksself.png I've loaded photon and enabled it but when starting your photon scenes the character attacks himself - When you press attack the character punches and causes damage to himself. How do you stop that error.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2017
  33. username_unity_of_my

username_unity_of_my

I could've swore I fixed that :(
    Add this line to PlayerControlPhoton.cs and PlayerControlTopDownPhoton.cs
    _getPrimaryTargetInZone() method
    when iterating spherecast hits loop

IGameCharacter target = rhit.collider.GetComponent<IGameCharacter>();
    if (Utils.InterfaceNotNull(target ))
    {
    if (target == (IGameCharacter)this) continue; // new line

I'll release update.

BryanO likes this.
  34. BryanO

BryanO

i’ll check it and get back to you here - but it seems really odd and disturbing to me that almost two months after this last update i’m the first one to bring this criticle failure to your attention.

35. username_unity_of_my

username_unity_of_my

Maybe people not using multiplayer much or fix themselves because its easy fix.

36. BryanO

BryanO

the fix seems to work ;) easy for you.

37. username_unity_of_my

username_unity_of_my

OK, I released update which fixes the error.

38. username_unity_of_my

username_unity_of_my

Hmmm, I guess you're right.

39. CaptainMurphy

CaptainMurphy

Any update on swimming? That is the last thing we really are waiting on for our game prototype using this framework.

40. username_unity_of_my

username_unity_of_my

Oh, next is update with much new stuff and it will take some time. I dont know will we be able to squeeze swimming into it.

41. BryanO

BryanO

Can you tell us how in the photon version the player prefab is set. I cant seem to find a place for the prefab to set my own player object.

42. username_unity_of_my

username_unity_of_my

Hmmm, I'm not sure I understand the question.
    Here's video on how to create Photon player:

Also you can convert regular player to photon variant by clicking Tools/CombatFramework/Third Person Creator/Photon/Switch Character To Photon

If you mean that you just have player and switching child character models - I have really not created it to be done this way. I guess it can be used that way, but I never tested it or did it this way, I dont know what problems might occur.

43. BryanO

BryanO

This isnt my question at all - but thanks for all the nice videos.

44. mopgoff

mopgoff

Great Asset, but I have some questions:
    - Are the NPCs or the scene from the first video available to get or to purchase? (Melee Combat & Lock On)
    - Is the NPC Boxing Animator override available or purchasable anywhere?
    - Are there any tutorials planned or available on adding new Fighting moves / fighting movements?

45. username_unity_of_my

username_unity_of_my

Scene from the 'MeleeCombat&LockOn' demo is in 'Assets/_CombatFramework/Scenes/ThirdPersonScenes/VideoCombat'
    Just with different npc models.

In the video I used free models from mixamo.

Here is video on how to replace current with new animations:

Also in the video is shown how to create boxing animator.

46. mopgoff

mopgoff

Thanks will watch the videos

47. Frax228

Frax228

so... when will be inventory?

and can you add something like generic action?

48. username_unity_of_my

username_unity_of_my

1. its underway

2. Yes, I was planing to do that.
    For now, if you want to add another trigger, just look at the existing ones scripts. They are mostly very similar - just calling different animations.

49. ocimpean

ocimpean

@Mario: I am very interested in your asset and I would like to ask you, as I did not see a save system mentioned (maybe I am wrong, though), does "All SAVE Pro: A Save/Load System" work with your asset? Regarding dialogue, I am using Tony Li's Dialogue System. Is that compatible with your asset?

50. username_unity_of_my

username_unity_of_my

Currently no save but I'll implement it soon - currently there are not many thing to save.
    Player stats, player current scene + position,rotation, if you save items then all items current scene, positions, rotations.
    I haven't worked with either of those but I dont see why wouldnt be compatible. People have used different dialogue and cutscenes systems with this asset.

ocimpean likes this.