Search Unity

Bug com.xiaomi.account.openauth.AuthorizeActivityBase.onCreate

Discussion in 'Unity IAP' started by TheVMan, Mar 2, 2023.

1. TheVMan

TheVMan

Using Unity 2021.3.19f1 LTS and IAP 4.6.0 and Advertisement Legacy 4.4.1.

When I submit to google I get:

Your app(s) are vulnerable to Intent Redirection.
    com.xiaomi.account.openauth.AuthorizeActivityBase.onCreate

I am not using xiaomi. I have never installed the SDK, and the manifest will appear with xiaomi permissions.
    I removed the permissions using:
    <uses-permission android:name="com.xiaomi.sdk.permission.PAYMENT" tools:node="remove" />
    <uses-permission android:name="com.xiaomi.permission.AUTH_SERVICE" tools:node="remove" />

The xiaomi does not appear, but when I build and submit to Google, I still get the error.

I know this was an issue in the past like around 2016-2019. But I have not experienced this with older versions of Unity like 2019.4.40f1. Anyone else experience this or am I the only one?

I am using 4.6.0 as I assume it has the new 4.0.1 Google Play purchase library that Google now requires.

Thanks,

Vince

2. glenhunter

glenhunter

Unity Technologies

Hello there!

Even though the option to include the Xiaomi SDK in Unity builds is no longer available in newer versions of the Unity Editor, it's still worth checking your codebase and any third-party libraries or plugins that you might be using for any potential references to the Xiaomi SDK.

I personally haven't encountered any Xiaomi-related issues uploading builds to Google Play using IAP 4.6. However, in the past, some users have reported that removing the Unity IAP package and re-installing it fixed the issue.

If that doesn't work, you could also try creating a new project in Unity and only including the necessary files for your app, without any third-party libraries or plugins. This will allow you to isolate the issue and see if it's related to your code or to a specific library.

I hope this helps!

3. TheVMan

TheVMan

Thanks for the direction. We first removed IAP and restarted UNITY, which threw us into safe mode. Reinstalled IAP and still the Xiaomi was appearing in the manifest.

Searched for "Xiaomi" and found one within manifest-merger-blame-release-report.txt. Found that "UnityChannel" was calling open.xiaomi and adding the permissions to the manifest.

Don't know how that got there as we removed UnityChannel a while back. Anyways, it ended up that UnityChannel plugin was in the /Plugins folder. We removed it and it looks like all the xiaomi additions have disappeared.

We are submitting to Google and will report if that finally did the trick.

Thanks.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2023
    emkusa and glenhunter like this.
  4. TheVMan

TheVMan

We passed and no longer have that issue with Google Play. Thanks Again.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2023
    Arnaud_Gorain and glenhunter like this.
  5. glenhunter

glenhunter

Unity Technologies

Great news! Thank you for updating us.

6. auzzzy

auzzzy

Awesome! This worked for me. Thank you!

TheVMan likes this.