Search Unity

Colorify - realtime color-swapping and recolor map baking

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by CatsPawGames, Sep 8, 2014.

1. theCodeHermit

theCodeHermit

Hi. I need to add a roughness map to my models. Will that be possible with the shaders you have provided ? Currently I am using the Standard Roughness Setup shader.

2. CatsPawGames

CatsPawGames

Hello. No, roughness setup is not supported at the moment.

3. bigbrainz

bigbrainz

We're trying to really trim the build size of our scene bundles down for WebGL. The Colorify shader portion seems to be pretty large in the build. Do you have any tips for how we can trim slim down the size this takes up in our bundles and main build? Thank you!

4. CatsPawGames

CatsPawGames

Hello. One possibility: take note of what shaders from Colorify you're using, then delete all unused ones. I think unused ones won't be included in the build by default - still worth checking.

If you're using Standard Colorify shader, it can be a problem for build size too since it compiles into multiple variants. There's not straightforward solution for that unless you're willing to dive into shader source code.

Duffer123 likes this.
  5. nindim

nindim

Hi,

Given a white sprite with black dots (anti-aliased), is it possible to colour shift the background and the dots separately without running into edge/halo artefacts at the boundaries between the dots and the background colour?

I have tried writing my own shader to do this but always seem to end up with some edge artefacts that look OK at certain colour combinations but look bad with others.

Example Sprite:

upload_2019-4-19_17-38-22.png

An example of my halos when I replace both the background and dots to the same mid-grey colour:

upload_2019-4-19_17-42-13.png

You asset looks very full featured and if it can accomplish this without these artefacts I would gladly purchase it.

Thank you,

Niall

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
  6. CatsPawGames

CatsPawGames

Hello and sorry for late reply.

I don't think recoloring would cause any artifacts, especially if you'd create recoloring map in image editor instead of using auto-mapping feature (there's description of recoloring map format in manual, but basically R = 1st recoloring are, G = 2nd recoloring area). There's 2 available algorithms for recoloring - based on linear RGB difference and on greyscale multiplication.

That said, using Colorify for this task is a bit overkill. Then again, performance impact is negligible so if it'll work for you it's fine.

7. Jgwman

Jgwman

Hi,

I'm looking into using Colorify for a project, but I'll likely end up needing the ability to change 3 colors rather than just 2. How difficult would it be for someone who has never touched shader code to add a third color to one of them? If it's not particularly simple, how likely would it be for you to add third-color versions to the asset? Thanks.

8. hurleybird

hurleybird

I'm more or less in the same boat. As much as I love the asset, It's a bit surprising that there isn't a three or four color version already given that there are four color channels.

9. Drumbledore

Drumbledore

Hello!

Thank you so much for your great tool!

We would like to use it to color our low poly ships. Best with 4 colors, but it also works with 2. We would like to use ID Maps to tell the program exactly which areas need to be recolored in which color. Is this possible? So far we haven't found a shader that makes this possible. The Recolor Shader lets parts of the ship disappear completely. Are we doing something wrong?

Thanks a lot and have a nice weekend!

10. Drumbledore

Drumbledore

Ah and it would be great if the link to the manual would work again! :)

11. CatsPawGames

CatsPawGames

Either I don't understand your goals correctly or something went very wrong with shader compilation, since basically any masked Colorify shader should be able to do that - that's the whole point of this package. Please send me some screenshots of your setup and results you're getting to support email (available in publisher profile on Asset Store) and I'll check it out.

Regarding online manual - sorry about that, but our server literally burned up several months ago. Not sure when we'll be able to restore everything. I'll probably will upload it to some filesharing service as temporary solution. Meanwhile you can use manual included in the package - it's the same PDF as online one.

12. NathanielAH

NathanielAH

Any plans to add 2019.X or HDRP & LWRP/URP support?

13. CatsPawGames

CatsPawGames

It's in the task list, but I can't tell you ETA yet.

14. NathanielAH

NathanielAH

Okay. Be interested to know when it goes up. Do you post on any Discord or anything?

15. GermiyanBey

GermiyanBey

Hi, any news on GPU Instancing support?

For instance I don't use realtime color changing, only Colorify Standard and Standard-Specular, so things are instantiated as they are with no change later, I don't know how GPU Instancing works behind the scenes but having at least GPUI support for Standard materials would be very lovely.

16. bigbrainz

bigbrainz

Howdy! With 2019.4 out we're switching to the Universal Render Pipeline. Is there any chance you'll post a release that will allow this to work with URP?

Thank you in advance for considering--we could really use it!

Last edited: Jun 18, 2020
  17. hurleybird

hurleybird

Since it doesn't look like this will be updated to URP any time soon, I made my own thing in Shadergraph.

It doesn't have anything like the functionality of Colorify, so it may not fit everyone's use case, although there a few advantages too. Maybe it's sufficient for some of you.

You need to supply your own colormaps. You can remap three colours (up from two in Colorify) which correspond to the red, blue, and green and channels. It probably wouldn't take too much effort to add a fourth using the alpha channel, but I haven't done this. You don't need to supply a "pattern color" for each remapping but a lighter shade of each primary color in the color map will show more of the original texture's color. This is a huge improvement for me, since needing to "dial in" the pattern color between multiple models only to end up with something that's still at least a little bit inconsistent is a big pain point, but it's also not a perfectly robust solution - if you're too far off from the primary color, things will break.

It requires a bit of tweaking, but I've been able to more or less match the output of Colorify, although your ability to do so may depend on your specific use case.

Incidentally @CatsPawGames, if you ever do update Colorify for SRPs or otherwise, the two feature differences (ability to remap 3-4 colors and not having to supply a pattern color) are the ones I'd like to see.

Attached Files:

GermiyanBey likes this.
  18. mslmanni1

mslmanni1

Does it work with latest unity versions. Also will it work with urp, hdrp. I need confirmation before I buy it.

19. hurleybird

hurleybird

Doesn't work with SRPs, but you can try my shadergraph above.

mslmanni1 likes this.
  20. mslmanni1

mslmanni1

Hi, thanks for reaching out.
    Thanks for png but can you make the shader available for download.