Search Unity

Colorful FX | Post-Processing Effects and Photoshop-like Color Correction Tools

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Chman, Jul 12, 2012.

1. Sonoshee

Sonoshee

Yes they work in 2D. They're post-processing effects that use the screen's output to generate the effects, so it doesn't matter if your view is 2D or 3D.

Each effect has an "amount" slider. Though I'm not sure you can apply them only on certain areas. What you can do is have multiple cameras separating your layers, adding an effect to a certain camera applies it to that camera and the ones beneath it, leaving out the ones that are drawn on top of it ( the Depth value on the Camera component is what controls the draw order)

TalkieTalkie likes this.
  2. D_Cergy

D_Cergy

Hello,

I just bought the package. I'm using Unity 4.7. Upon importing the package, I got 60 errors like this :

Assets/Colorful FX/Scripts/Effects/AnalogTV.cs(9,10): error CS1614: `HelpURL' is ambiguous between `HelpURL' and `HelpURLAttribute'. Use either `@HelpURL' or `HelpURLAttribute'

I found that commenting the HelpURL line, fix the error. Is there any easy way to get rid this issue without manually commenting these lines?

Thanks,
    Diori

3. Mynd

Mynd

Hey!

Is there a known way to have Colorful FX components affect only the camera they are on, and not all cameras lower than it in depth?

Otherwise, is there a way I could limit the affect to specific objects/layers/cameras/selections?

Thanks!

OverboyGames likes this.
  4. MinkyuPark80

MinkyuPark80

Hi Chman,

After last update, I know that most effects supports Single Passed Rendering.

My app is support for Gear VR and I added Color grading component at Camera.
    And then, when I turn on Single Passed Rendering at Player settings, it's not working.

Does Colorful FX support Single Passed Rendering at Mobile environment?

Unity version is 2017.f3.
    Oculus Utility & Colorful FX asset is last version.
    Device is Galaxy S7 Edge

Thank you.

5. neuroTrophy

neuroTrophy

Another single-pass VR question! Would it be possible to enable single-pass for the Glitch effect / is there any plan for this down the road? I actually quite like it played right before my character expires., as long as you don't play it for too long. I have yet to vomit all over!

6. ilmario

ilmario

I really want to buy this asset based on the fantastic reviews and mobile features - but I'm concerned that the last update was 10 months ago.

@Chman Can I assume that this asset is going to be supported in the future, for Unity 2017/2018 etc?

7. hopeful

hopeful

I am curious about that too, as I thought that maybe the Unity post-processing set was going to replace this.

8. turboscalpeur

turboscalpeur

Hi @ilmario, I cannot say about the Colorful FX's Updates & Specific uses but I already used a part of the FXs of the latest version in the Unity 2017 1.0 and 2.0, then it worked for me and my uses.

I am curious too about the new coming Post Processing Stack Versions if same features will be added (good ask there !?!), anyway for me I used at the moment only the Stack v.1.0 (not the 2.0 or so...) then in addition Colorful FX; results are amazing !

ilmario likes this.
  9. Hattercat

Hattercat

Hello!

@Chman I bought this Asset some days ago, I created a new project and added an animated sprite. All was working perfect till the moment I pressed "play" for some reason in the moment that I pressed play, the animated sprite stopped being affected by the camera filter, but the static elements like the skybox and another environment textures still being affected by the camera filter.

I was checking the documentation, but I didn't find any way to fix this, can you help me with that?

Thank you, regards!

10. jammer42777

jammer42777

This is for Thomas, Thank ou so much! I'm just starting to learn and all of the color corrections were done with colorful fx.
    before.jpg after.jpg before.jpg after.jpg

11. Vidalicious

Vidalicious

Sadly it seems that it doesn't work with Unity 2018 Lightweight Rendering Pipeline, anyone else?

12. chingwa

chingwa

@Vidalicious I wouldn't expect many assets to support any of the new 2018 rendering pipelines until they are no longer 'experimental' features. Too much is in flux and undecided for people to commit their time and resources to support such features.

chiapet1021 likes this.
  13. Vidalicious

Vidalicious

I see! I wasn't sure if it was because of the LRP :) I hope we wouldn't have to use LRP when using ShaderGraph in the future!

Thanks for the answer :) and for your asset, which is maybe the most incredible asset I bought!

Have a nice day!

14. Trivium_Dev

Trivium_Dev

I was looking for blending modes for a RawImage/Image component and came across this asset. I see it has a "Blend" option, does that work to blend what's contained in a RawImage/Image and then the selected texture, or does it blend everything view-able in the camera? I'm specifically looking at this feature: http://www.thomashourdel.com/colorful/doc/other-effects/blend.html. Thanks!

15. MostHated

MostHated

Hey there, I just picked up this CTAA asset, will your post fx system work in conjunction with that, by chance?

16. lolclol

lolclol

does it support open gl es 2 ?

17. MrConkin

MrConkin

Hey, I am using the Analog TV effect for a mobile game and it works wonderfully in the editor. However, when testing on iOS the scanliness and distortion behave oddly. There is some awkward, angled streaking happening (see attached).

I have checked your troubleshooting guide and have verified that:
    - Clear flags is set to Skybox (tested Color as well with no luck)
    - Camera render mode is set to Screenspace - Camera

I am using Unity 5.6.3p2 and according to the Changelog have ColorfulFX 4.3.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

UPDATE: I took a leap of faith and updated to Unity 2018.1.6f1 so I could try the ColorfulFX 4.4 update. Works now without issue on my phone.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
  18. serberusno1

serberusno1

Hey Just wondering if this is compatible with Unity's built in post processing volumes? Or if it has it's own version, I can't seem to find any reference in the documentation. I'm looking to have different post processing FX in different areas of my scene- as you've probably guessed. Cheers :)

19. serberusno1

serberusno1

Just wondering if all of the components work with single pass rendering? I'm on 2017.3.1f1 btw

20. lo-94

lo-94

Hey, love the asset. Just wondering if there is a way to potentially cull particular objects from ColorfulFX? That would be incredible. I know that Global Snow and a few other screen space fx have culling options available, how difficult would something like this be to implement?

21. jason07

jason07

22. Hybris_Team

Hybris_Team

Is there a way to get these effects to fade in and fade out?

23. AdamLacko

AdamLacko

Hello there
    I have been using one particular effect (Analog TV) for a long time. Now I am converting my project into HDRP since it is more or less stable, though due to new post-processing system (or at least that is what I suspect is a cause), it does not work anymore. I was used to simply attach effect script component onto Main Camera, but now in HDRP project it doesnt take effect at all. Can you direct me what should I do to get it working again?

24. StarCoop

StarCoop

Hello there,

I'm having a serious and cricital request.
    We're working for a large automotive company and want to create several animation clips for them. Their styleguide requires an after effect like Adobe After Effect's "tritone" - which is basically your "shadows, midtones, highlights" effect.
    So, far, great!
    However, we need to see an animated object in front of a background image.
    Our current approach:
    • Main camera rendering nothing, only for screen space GUI.
    • Background camera looking at background sprite and rendering to render texture, which fills the whole screen.
    • Object camera looking at our objects and rendering only the object's layer. This camera is also rendered to a render texture, which is ontop of the background texture. Clearing flags: Solid color (white), fully transparent.
    So far, this is a good solution and works. Unfortunately, when we apply your effect on our object camera, the transparent color loses its transparency. That means we don't see our objects in front of our background texture anymore, but a white background (or the color the object camera gets cleared to).
    I hope this is understandable.
    My request:
    Could you please change your shader, or script, to keep the transparency in the rendered image of the camera?
    If this is a problem due to technical reasons, do you have any other idea?

Thanks in advance!

25. sisermann

sisermann

Hi,

I am getting a black screen in unity 2019.1.0a14 ... I know this is still an alpha version, so I am not depending on it. But it seems there is something off.

26. bromske

bromske

Will we see a working version for 2019.1 ?

27. virtrojordi

virtrojordi

Does this work for single-pass rendering for Oculus Go?

28. 8r3nd4n

8r3nd4n

I have also just upgraded to the new render pipeline and having the same issues. This is a big problem since my game uses about 10 effects that are deeply integrated into the gameplay. I want to use the new shader graph but without these image effects working then I'd have to stay on the old render pipeline which is not ideal. Can we see an update soon Thomas?

29. GlitchInTheMatrix

GlitchInTheMatrix

Hi, It works in URP and Oculus Quest ?

30. ATesija

ATesija

I'm trying to use any of the image effects with the URP and nothing seems to be happening. I'm not getting any feedback that something is going wrong. Are there any settings I need to change to get this working?

31. Hellwaiker

Hellwaiker

Hello, When I change the value of a mono behavior on runtime, it persists after play mode. So if I run the game in the editor, change the value via script and stop play mode, this new value is retained in the scene.
    Kind of makes it hard to use effects for gameplay.

I tested FastVignette Darkness variable and LensDistortionBluer Distortion Variable.

I think this might have something to do with prefabs and [executeineditmode]

32. ina

ina

@Chman please come back and fix for URP!