Search Unity

Question Color editor difficulties

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Brian-Washechek, Nov 11, 2022.

1. Brian-Washechek

Brian-Washechek

Simple question: where the change color tool? See how the button that is Start() was formerly Start()? Could you please tell me how? 11-10-2022 .png

Last edited: Nov 12, 2022
  2. spiney199

spiney199

It looks like that because this script hasn't been opened via Unity. It looks like you've just opened the .cs file directly or made the script/solution outside of Unity.

3. Brian-Washechek

Brian-Washechek

Ok. I don't think that is her problem but here is the old .cs file.

Attached Files:

4. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

This may help you with intellisense and possibly other Visual Studio integration problems:

Sometimes the fix is as simple as doing Assets -> Open C# Project from Unity. Other times it requires more.

Other times it requires you also nuke the userprefs and .vsconfig and other crufty low-value high-hassle files that Visual Studio tends to slowly damage over time, then try the above trick.

Barring all that, move on to other ideas:

https://forum.unity.com/threads/intellisense-not-working-with-visual-studio-fix.836599/

Also, try update the VSCode package inside of Unity: Window -> Package Manager -> Search for Visual Studio Code Editor -> Press the Update button

Also, this: https://forum.unity.com/threads/no-suggestions-in-vscode.955197/#post-6227874

5. nobewayo

nobewayo

I'm having the exact same issue as you and it's driving me insane.
    Intellisense is working perfectly. Auto completes stuff like Debug.Log etc. Nothing is actually broken.. Except for the fact that any Unity functions(methods? I'm kinda new) isn't being colored correctly. Well it actually is for about a second when I open the script, but as soon as Unity "attaches" it goes away.
    I've tried everything in here. Opened the script trough Unity etc.

Attached Files:

6. spiney199

spiney199

Um... they're meant to be coloured blue to indicate they're Unity messages.

7. nobewayo

nobewayo

Um.. No. They've always looked like this, the 3 years I've been Using VS and Unity.
    Even if they are.. How do I change the color so they're not the same color as void?

Attached Files:

8. spiney199

spiney199

And in my few years using Unity they've always been blue.

9. nobewayo

nobewayo

That's weird. In Rider and VCode it isn't blue. It's only is Visual Studio 2022.

In the course I'm taking right now, they're also different colors. When I look up tutorials on YouTube they're also colored differently than void.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2022