Search Unity

ColonyKeeper: The open source game

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by PentagramPro, May 6, 2014.

1. PentagramPro

PentagramPro

Hi!

I`m developing a strategy game called ColonyKeeper. In this game you manage the mining system of the human colony on far planet. The colony itself is built on surface of the planet, but you work underground. Here you have to mine resources, produce water and deal with some strange ancient defence systems hidden in caves.

ColonyKeeper is an open source project.

The story is like this:
    Humanity at last thrown away that democracy, cloned Julius Caesar, restorated the Great Roman Empire and then gloriously expanded ino space. There are no enemy civilizations on extraterrastial planets. However there are some unknown machines could be found on distand worlds. The secret of that machines is yet to be discovered,

I want ColonyKeeper to be playable on desktops and tablets. There are too few old-fashioned games on tablets so I would like to have another one.

screen2.jpg

screen3.jpg

In its current state the game allows you to:
    • Build facilities to store and process resources
    • Explore dungeons
    • Fight with enemies with your automatic defence system
    Currently there is one level with tutorial. Besides it this game contains:
    • Crafting system
    • Scripting system
    • Working AI (including pathfinding and local avoidance)
    • Flexible game engine (I hope)
    • New Unity UI

Beta version is available here for PC: https://github.com/PentagramPro/colonykeeper/releases
    Sources are on GitHub: https://github.com/PentagramPro/colonykeeper

BEWARE: Savegames do not work (again)!

Last edited: Sep 7, 2014
    thelebaron likes this.
  2. PentagramPro

PentagramPro

Updated this topic with most recent information:
    • New things in game
    • New screenshots
    • Added video

3. thelebaron

thelebaron

This looks like a really cool project, kudos for releasing it as open source

4. Chambers

Chambers

This seems like a fantastic idea, is there a current list of bugs that require fixing or features that need implementing? I've always been interested in seeing how open-source game projects would work in practise so I'll be keeping an eye on this and potentially might try and help with some contributions.

5. FauziDhiyaArshaad

FauziDhiyaArshaad

I already Try The Beta and that was awesome but how can i quit from the game The menu button din't work