Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Collision problem with player going through moving platform

Discussion in 'Android' started by Prodigious Studios, Apr 13, 2011.

1. Prodigious Studios

Prodigious Studios

Updated:
    Alright I've managed to get it to work but I had to attach a rigidbody to it which means I can't use my normal character controller. So, I've decided to add the tilt movement for the controls which uses the rigidbody.

Problem is that I can't test it because my Droid isn't in yet and the emulator can't simulate tilt (as far as I know). So I need someone who's used the "2D Ball" prefab to let me know if that's an actual controller? I attached a ball to the "connect body" section and I'm wonder if that's all I need to do.

Thanks

Older Post
    Hey guys,

I just started my 2d side scrolling platform game and I'm trying to get the basic mechanics down, but I'm already running into problems.

The controls and camera work fine, but when my player gets to the "up down" moving platform it goes right through the platform and falls. This only occurs on the "up" motion and I can't figure it out.

Am I gonna have to script some additional colliders to counteract the collision with moving objects? I'm not much of a programmer..If someone could help me out or point me in the right direction that'd be great.

Thanks

$PlatformProblem.jpg

Last edited: Apr 13, 2011
  2. JetSoap

JetSoap

Hi There,

I'm not much for iOS/Android stuff, but I'm guessing this Controller of yours is done by 'Input', If I'm right, then perhaps you could change the Input settings to basic Horizontal/Vertical so that you'd just be able to test it on editor.

Hope It Helps