Search Unity

Collision point

Discussion in 'Project Tiny' started by Sladzio, Mar 17, 2019 at 12:12 PM.

1. Sladzio

Sladzio

Hey! Is there a way to retrieve a contact point of the collision between two BoxCollider2D?

2. Zoelovezle

Zoelovezle

Add BoxCollider & Rigidbody2D to both entities. Done :)

3. Sladzio

Sladzio

This part I know. I am searching for a function which could retrieve the point (Vector3) of the collision.

4. sniffle63

sniffle63

5. Sladzio

Sladzio

These unfortunately return only array of entities. I have seen that hitbox2dservice contains a method for getting detailed info about overlapping but I can't get it to work. It returns values near Vector (0,0).Another option could be to use raycasting but I wanted particularly to use CircleCollider.

Zoelovezle likes this.
  6. Zoelovezle

Zoelovezle

This is what you need ut.HitBox2D.HitBox2DService.detailedOverlapInformation(), this will basically return you vertices of a polygon made out from the intersection. Polygon would be a particular case once they are intersecting, thus making more than 1 contact point.

7. Zoelovezle

Zoelovezle

The contact point between 2 Circle collider or 2 Box collider?

8. Sladzio

Sladzio

I have one object which has a circle collider and the other object has a box collider. When they collide I need to retrieve the contact point. Maybe I will try one more time with the hotbox2d but the problem there is that there isn't any circle hit box