Search Unity

Collision is not detected on device? Wtf?

Discussion in 'Physics' started by sam268, May 1, 2015.

1. mkimbro

mkimbro

I'm seeing this on 2019.3 as well. So far none of the listed solutions are resolving the error for me.

2. Szilardoo

Szilardoo

I have the issue as well, working fine on Unity editor, but not working on Android at all, i but a Debug.Log in the OnTriggerEnter function, then checked the logs as well, it's not even fire-ing on Android, but works just fine on Unity editor. Does anyone has a solution for this?

3. Only4gamers

Only4gamers

same problem in Unity 2019.4.16f1. Collision not detecting on Android Device.

4. Songshine

Songshine

In my case, in the same project, Collision (OnTriggerEnter) worked fine on v.5.6.2 (in the Editor and in the Build), but on v.2020.3.4 it worked ONLY in the Editor, but NOT in the Build.
    I checked the tags, checked it on another PC, and finally, with the help of Debag Log (Development Build), I found a suspicious part of the code, which seemed not to be called in the Build (but was called in the Editor).
    It turned out that this part of the code was called not from the main void Start, where the scene was loaded, but from the void Start of another script (where the Collision was described). For some reason, this did not prevent the scene from loading correctly in the Build in 5.6.2, but it did not work in the Build 2020.3.4. I just didn't pay attention to it earlier. I transferred everything needed to load the scene in one Start, and, in my case, everything began to work OK)