Search Unity

Collision Catapult Effect

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Desutoroiya, Aug 1, 2016.

1. Desutoroiya

Desutoroiya

Hey,

I'm working on a simulation where the customer can walk through his "new" house. Since I want it to make it realistic as possible you can't go through objects. And there is kinda also my problem, when I hit a chair or fence or any other object (not walls and doors). My empty gameobject with rigidbody and collider will be thrown to the other side of the room, sometimes it teleport very far away from the house.

I tried to change the values of the rigidbody, but with no success, any suggestion what might cause this problem and how to fix this?

2. Desutoroiya

Desutoroiya

I noticed when i decrease the size of my capsule collider this effect is less., however its not what i want. This effect makes the person walk underneath chairs and tables.

3. mbowen89

mbowen89

Are you using the standard asset character controller?

4. Desutoroiya

Desutoroiya

I tried both ways, first with the unity standard asset. This worked fine, however then if it collides with things it get's stuck or its like glue sticking on the collided object.
    Second i tried to make my own, works fine as well except that it becomes a catapult/teleport when i collide with things.

5. Ysgramor

Ysgramor

make sure that your object(except player) isnt rigidbody attached (if it is, then remove it, just leave the collider)
    or increase ur player rigidbody mass

6. Desutoroiya

Desutoroiya

My objects don't have rigid bodies. Increase the mass didn't have effect as well. I created a new project with only a chair and the player. I did this to check if it had the possibility of multiple colliders overlapping each other, but this wasn't the case.
    I tried all kind of colliders, from Sphere to Mesh but didn't help.

7. Ysgramor

Ysgramor

try use unity rigidbody first person controller. or standard one maybe solve ur problem
    i think something wrong on character controller script