Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Collision Bug

Discussion in 'PSM' started by Alk Studios, Jun 14, 2014.

1. Alk Studios

Alk Studios

Hello all,
    I seem to have found a potential bug regarding collision.

Using the first person controller prefab works well with box based colliders, however when I collide with a mesh collider, the framerate drops enormously.

Here is an image of the profiler during such a collision:

As you can see, CharacterMotor.FixedUpdate() is taking up 1093.19ms on the CPU.

I have also uploaded a video to demonstrate the slow down:

2. jesusluvsyooh

jesusluvsyooh

Wow that is pretty noticeable, i've got plenty of mesh colliders in my games and there all fine, there must be something, perhaps code related? There is not much i can think of other than that or the meshes that have mesh colliders on are incredibly high.
    What triangle/poly count are you soldiers?

3. Alk Studios

Alk Studios

The soldier is a place holder from Mixamo and consists of 2572 triangles. Whilst I will eventually use a capsule, for testing I used a mesh collider. Other simple mesh colliders seems to work fine, as such I think it's just one of several odd issues with this beta build.

4. eriQue

eriQue

Unity Technologies

Well, a mesh collider is never going to be very performant when compared to a capsule.
    That said - it looks a bit extreme. If you file a bug on it I can have a look at the performance in more detail..

5. Mecanamaral

Mecanamaral

LOL I having a falling coin crossing a table... the floor, some times gravity act in wrong axis.... i realy getting pissed, all i wantend is to drop a coin in a table when players do a bet, but I'm considering make it appears static, or make a script for the gravity... cause sucking unity physics is all buged, and laged...

Always it goes to this way, everytime i need to use anything that should be ready for use in unity i spend more time than things i do myself, like network comunication, server side... this is frustrating.