Search Unity

Collision box not moving

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Marscaleb, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Marscaleb

Marscaleb

I'm encountering an error where an object's collider will display, but not update that visual display.

I have a sprite in my scene, and it had a Box Collider 2D attached to it. But when I move the object around in my scene, the editor draws the Box Collider at whatever position it was originally.
    It still actually moves; when i test my game the collision is exactly where it is supposed to be, but I can't see the box update within the editor.

This is particularly frustrating because for this project I'm building most of my collision from "invisible" Box colliders. If I can't see where these colliders *actually* are, I have no way to position them properly.

Does anyone know how to resolve this bug? The only I have found so far is that the positions will update when I do a play test. But that's very time consuming to do that every time I make a change, just to see if it is where it actually needs to be.

2. Marscaleb

Marscaleb

Has this issue been resolved yet? I don't want to submit a bug report if it has been fixed already, and I don't want to switch to a whole new version of Unity just to find that my only problem hasn't been fixed yet.