Search Unity

Colliding with something that isnt there

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Hawk0077, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Hi, It sounds as strange as it feels. I am moving around my terrain and keep hitting an invisible object that literally doesnt exist. I have rebaked the navmesh to see it that solves the issue and searched through my scene objects and there is nothing where I am colliding. I is actually a large area close to an asset that I purchased from the store.

The asset contained a terrain that I wanted to keep the central part but not the overly large surrounding so I split the terrain tile and deleted small quarters of the whole. Then deactivated the larger ones.

Could they still be having an effect even though they arent enabled in the inspector?

It is all surrounding a couple of new assets and my terrain splitting and deleting but the larger terrain is deactivate.

Im clutching at straws here as I have no idea what is causing the issue, any ideas appreciated, thanks.

Darn, Fixed it. it was the terrains having an effect.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
    Olmi likes this.
  2. Olmi

Olmi

Next time when you run into a weid collision issue (or any other vague situation) try to print out the collider names etc. to narrow down the possible causes. That way you will save your precious time.

Hawk0077 likes this.
  3. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Thanks for the tip but Im not a coder so wouldnt be able to add that to any code I have available to me. I suppose thats why the newbie questions was asked in the first place.?