Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Resolved Colliders not working with XR Toolkit 0.10.0-preview 7 action based input XR Rig

Discussion in 'XR Interaction Toolkit and Input' started by snakeinsj, Feb 16, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snakeinsj

snakeinsj

Before upgrading I created a probuilder level and used XRRig with a capsule collider would be prevented from going thru walls. Since upgrading to XR Toolkit 0.10.0-preview7 and creating a Room-scale XR Rig (Action-based) I can now walk thru walls that were normally blocked by the collision. Has anyone run into this issue?

My player setup is below. I'm able to use the continuous move and snap turn based on action input, so I'm wondering if I missed something in relation to colliders.
    • Player (Empty game object with a capsule collider)
      • XR Rig
        • Camera Offset
          • Main Camera
          • Left Controller
          • Right Controller

2. snakeinsj

snakeinsj

This was user error. I was missing a rigidbody on the XR Rig and had to move the capsule collider to the XR Rig as well.

3. mrkvisuals49

mrkvisuals49

I am also facing the same problem. My Rig goes through the walls and don't even collect the coins. I have a collider with is trigger check and I also have a collider on my coins but still my rig don't collide and get triggered. When I added Rigid body my XR rig falls down out of the scene What's the solution for this ?

4. Am33n

Am33n

Have u finally get it work for the collider

5. Kavithagamer

Kavithagamer

same issues .anyone found solution

6. VRDave_Unity

VRDave_Unity

Unity Technologies

Instead of adding the
    Rigid Body
    component to the player, you can add it to the item you want to pick up and turn off gravity to prevent it from falling through the level. But at least one side of the equation requires a Rigid Body component as is required by the physics engine in Unity. Here is the documentation for how that works (scroll down to Collision action matrix).

7. Kavithagamer

Kavithagamer

@VRDave_Unity, thanks ! I added character controller instead of rigidbody. that solves the issue

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.