Search Unity

Feedback Collider for complex shapes!!

Discussion in 'VR' started by l3on1234, Dec 2, 2019.

1. l3on1234

l3on1234

Hi there!:cool:

I'm working on a simulation scene in Unity with VR. In this scene I grab a very detailed and complex structure of an oven with one controller, while there are balls in it which I try to get out by moving the oven.

Problem are my colliders which don't really fit my oven. Also I´ve used way to many colliders which decreaces my performance. Mesh collider don't work for dynamic simulations.

My question: Is there a way to combine many colliders to one collider or is there a way to build up shaped colliders for complex components, rather than using the primitive colliders (e.g. box-, sphere collider) ?

So happy for every helpful answer!;)

2. nomand

nomand

As a rule of thumb, avoid concave colliders at all costs. Assuming your oven is a cube with a door, make a "collisions" gameobject and under it, add 6 box colliders for every side plus the door. If your spheres just have sphere colliders, this should be extremely fast.
    There's no way to "combine" colliders, but you can have as many as you want. Box and sphere colliders are the fastest, use those as much as possible.

3. l3on1234

l3on1234

Thanks for responding!

I did use Box Collider, a lot! :D

In the picture attached you can see how many. And it takes so much time to set up them up correctly. I really need a way to do it faster.

Attached Files:

• Oven.pdf
      File size:
      63.1 KB
      Views: