Search Unity

Collecting and storing things with a button press and a specific item

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LuckyDucky12, Oct 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LuckyDucky12

LuckyDucky12

Sorry for the weird title, but I didn't know how to word what I wanted. I'm using the FPS template BTW

So, I'm making a game where you need to either kill or collect a specific thing for studying. It could be a robot, or mutant or something, but you have to use a specific thing in order to collect the entity. Like a rope item or something in the players hand.

For further clarification. here's what I'd need:

1.) Player equips Rope item in hand (as if it was a weapon).

2.) Player runs up to entity with weapon in hand or else the collecting won't work.

3.) Player presses attack button and entity vanishes

4.) Player returns to base and completes mission.

I could probably do 3 and 4 with the Key and Door system in the template (the entity acting as the key and the key door blocking a cage that leads to the mission complete), but 1 and two is stumping me. Especially with the "or else collecting won't work" part (right now the entity vanishes regardless).

2. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

I just want to point out that you're probably not going to get much help with this question because you've posted it in one of the only forums here which isn't for this kind of question, and your question is about a specific template but fail to mention that in the thread's title.

Ryiah likes this.
  3. zombiegorilla

zombiegorilla

Please post in the proper forum, and make sure your post is clear and understandable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.