Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

CollabProxyException: Could not find file

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by rasto61, Nov 26, 2019.

1. rasto61

rasto61

Getting this when trying to check changes:

CollabProxyException: Could not find file 'Assets/Scripts/GameCore/'.
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
    CollabProxy.Client.CollabVersionControl:LogExceptionDetails(Exception) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.collab-proxy@2.0.0-preview.17/Editor/Client/CollabVersionControl.cs:445)
    CollabProxy.Client.CollabVersionControl:OnGetChangesException(Exception) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.collab-proxy@2.0.0-preview.17/Editor/Client/CollabVersionControl.cs:242)
    CollabProxy.Client.<>c__DisplayClass18_0`1:<RegisterListener>b__0(PacketHeader, Connection, String) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.collab-proxy@2.0.0-preview.17/Editor/Client/CollabProxyClient.cs:286)
    NetworkCommsDotNet.Tools.PacketTypeHandlerDelegateWrapper`1:process(PacketHeader, Connection, Object)
    NetworkCommsDotNet.Connections.Connection:TriggerSpecificPacketHandlers(PacketHeader, Object)
    NetworkCommsDotNet.NetworkComms:TriggerAllPacketHandlers(PacketHeader, Connection, MemoryStream, SendReceiveOptions, Boolean)
    NetworkCommsDotNet.NetworkComms:TriggerAllPacketHandlers(PacketHeader, Connection, MemoryStream, SendReceiveOptions)
    NetworkCommsDotNet.NetworkComms:CompleteIncomingItemTask(Object)
    NetworkCommsDotNet.Tools.CommsThreadPool:ThreadWorker(Object)
    System.Threading.ThreadHelper:ThreadStart(Object)

using 2.17 and 2018.4.11.
    I deleted the snapshot, library, but nothing helps. The file/folder is there

2. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @rasto61, are you trying to use the "See differences" option on a modified folder in the Collab Toolbar or a specific Asset? Viewing differences on a folder isn't currently supported.

3. rasto61

rasto61

No, im just trying to 'check for changes' so I can push an update.

4. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

I see, that's very strange, since the error makes it seem like it's treating a folder like a file, which shouldn't be happening. Would you be willing to share your project with us so that we can try to reproduce this issue on our end and find out what's going on? You can send a DM to me with your project's UPID so that we can make a copy of it. If you have local changes then could you also include a zipped copy of your project too?

5. rasto61

rasto61

I don't think I have the problem anymore; I downloaded the project on a different machine, made the changes pushed, and then downloaded where I had the problem. But I will pm you more details.

Ryan-Unity likes this.