Search Unity

Question Collaborators Can't See UI Elements

Discussion in 'UI Toolkit' started by Holanow, Oct 13, 2021.

1. Holanow

Holanow

I'm using the UI Toolkit for a group project, but whenever anyone else pulls the project they cannot see any of the UI. I believe this is an issue with the files we've included in our git repository as when I move the project from one computer to another using a flash drive the problem doesn't occur.

Currently in the repo we have the Assets, Packages, and ProjectSettings folders. Is there another file we need to include in order to display the UI elements?

Any help would be appreciated and please feel free to ask for any information I've neglected to include.

EDIT: The UI elements still exist, when you click where buttons are they still do something. But all we see are backgrounds and borders for VisualElements, there is no text and all of the buttons are invisible

Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
  2. JuliaP_Unity

JuliaP_Unity

Unity Technologies

Are your .meta files being added to source control? There's a chance that if the .meta are not kept, you're losing references and that's getting in your way.

Hope this helps!

3. Holanow

Holanow

The .meta files are being added, I believe it is something in the Library folder as when I copy that to a clone of the repo the problem resolves itself.

I'd love an idea of what specifically in the Library folder is important since adding the entire folder to the repo seems very messy

4. JuliaP_Unity

JuliaP_Unity

Unity Technologies

You should not add the Library folder to the repo indeed!

What version of Unity are you on? There was a bug at some point that some UXML could face issues loading, you may be in this situation. If that's the issue, right clicking the UXML and selecting "Reimport" (not "Reimport All", just "Reimport" - this is important!) fixed it. Can you try and get back to us?

5. Holanow

Holanow

We are on version 2020.3.14f1

Reimporting the UXML doesn't seem to change anything.

I wasn't specific enough in stating my original problem. The UI elements still exist, when you click where buttons are they still do something. But all we see are backgrounds and borders for VisualElements, there is no text and all of the buttons are invisible

6. JuliaP_Unity

JuliaP_Unity

Unity Technologies

Can you try reimporting the Default Theme Style Sheet then? You can find it by looking at the PanelSettings, it'll have a reference to the Default Theme Style Sheet asset right at the top. There was also a but related to that which was fixed with preview.18 (published very recently).

7. Holanow

Holanow

That fixed it!

Thank you very much

JuliaP_Unity likes this.