Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Collaboration conflicts?

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by EnsurdFrndship, Sep 30, 2017.

1. EnsurdFrndship

EnsurdFrndship

Hello,
    I have some folders with red exclamation marks on them, and every time I try to collaborate my project, I get a message that says that all conflicts need to be resolved, so I click on the folders that have the conflicts, and I see that all the files inside those folders don't have conflicts, and so I don't know where to locate the conflicts, or how to fix them. I've tried right clicking on the 'collab button' and nothing happens, and when I left click on it, it says that all conflicts need to be resolved. I've tried destroying and recreating the folders, even from the command prompt, and still see the exclamation points appear even before I can paste any files into those folders that are newly created. Why is this?

Thank you,
    Michael S. Lowe

2. EnsurdFrndship

EnsurdFrndship

3. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi Michael! Apologies for the delay!

If the Collab Toolbar is telling you that you have conflicts on folders then in the Collab Toolbar you can hover over each folder conflict and select either Choose Mine or Choose Theirs. If you're using 2017.1 then there should be a Favorites filter called All Conflicts in the Project Browser that should list all conflicted folders and files. You can then right click on all of them, select Collaborate->Conflict Resolution and then Choose Mine or Choose Theirs like in the Toolbar.

Let me know if that helps to unblock you.

4. Maarten2311

Maarten2311

i have that issue but for me it isnt showing the conflicts in the dropdown menu at the top of the screen, its just a plain dropdown with nothing in it. really annoying since i cant publish the changes at the moment

5. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @Maarten2311! If you have a blank Collab Toolbar then there's a few things that you could check. First, which version of Unity are you using? Second, do you have any firewalls or proxies running? Third, have you tried deleting your Packages folder yet?
    (Mac) <username>\Library\Unity\Packages
    (Windows) <username>\AppData\Roaming\Unity\Packages
    In lieu of that, if you have conflicts but can't access the Toolbar then in the Project Browser you should see a filter that says All Conflicts. Selecting that should show you all the files that have conflicts. From there, you can right click on them and select Collaborate and then either Choose Theirs, Choose Mine, or External Diff to resolve the conflicts. Let me know if that helped to unblock you.

juiced12 likes this.
  6. amysthat

amysthat

upload_2021-1-26_15-51-23.png
    I have this error and never goes away! Restarting unity, unlinking and relinking project; nothing works!

tonytopper likes this.
  7. amysthat

amysthat

I ended up creating conflicted file. Then selecting use remote changes on meta data! This issue has to be solved for future releases.

8. tonytopper

tonytopper

Getting this problem myself. It should really be fixed. I think we can all agree, the UI really shouldn't work in such a way that allows "Conflicts detected" and the "Conflicted Items (0)" to ever be something that is possible to display to the user.

Under Assets -> Conflict Resolution nothing appears either.

I suspect something with Package Manager is to blame.

9. SuperSpasm

SuperSpasm

Getting this issue consistently, which at this point blocks me from working on my game more often than not.
    If I try to resync to an old version I get errors, and end up with many (400-10k) conflicts. Selecting "use remote changes" causes errors in the log and does not solve the issue.

Deleting the Library/Collab folder doesn't solve it either.

10. tonytopper

tonytopper

IIRC, I just had to check out an entirely fresh copy of my project from Collab.

11. SuperSpasm

SuperSpasm

Yeah, I had to do that many times. trying to copy the library folder was a way for me to try and work around it.
    But obviously that's not a good long term solution.

A better one for me was convincing my team to fully move to git.
    Way less bugs and issues, and no freezing the editor for a minute all the time! :)