Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

collaborated project.. now it wont let me use any files??

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by kinguhdahood5, Jan 17, 2019.

1. kinguhdahood5

kinguhdahood5

So I was working on two computers, laptop and a tower, and once I collaborated my project just threw up a protection wall pretty much. All scripts are somehow corrupted or something and im not understanding why? I originally started the project on the tower and then went on to collaborate multiple times to save the game and it worked fine, even from the tower to the laptop. But when I collaborated from the laptop to the tower, now my game is all messed up, saying that it now cant load scripts and that they are protected.

Im using the same unity id on both computers, why did it mess up my game with this protection level stuff?

EX of an error

C:/Users/xboxh/AppData/Local/Unity/cache/packages/packages.unity.com/com.unity.collab-proxy@1.2.15/Editor/Collab/Views/CollabHistoryItem.cs(21,23): error CS0122: `UnityEditor.Collaboration.RevisionAction' is inaccessible due to its protection level

There's a lot of these compiled, all to do with the collaboration settings.

this is another error im getting:

unity.com/com.unity.package-manager-ui@2.0.3/Editor/Sources/Services/Upm/UpmBaseOperation.cs(34,43): error CS1061: Type `UnityEditor.PackageManager.PackageInfo' does not contain a definition for `author' and no extension method `author' of type `UnityEditor.PackageManager.PackageInfo' could be found. Are you missing an assembly

There's two of these errors and im not sure what they mean either.

Am I able to restore a previous cloud build file that worked, or am I just screwed here?

2. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

I'd ask about issues with Collaborate over in the Collaborate forum.

3. kinguhdahood5

kinguhdahood5

oh. thanks didn't know there was a collaborate forum. ill head over there

4. Munchy2007

Munchy2007

5. kinguhdahood5

kinguhdahood5