Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Collaborate won't download complete project

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by RighteousWeasel, May 14, 2019.

1. RighteousWeasel

RighteousWeasel

Hello!
    Having an issue with collaborate since Sunday (5-12-2019), where my team-members can't download the entire project that is up in the cloud. I uploaded a new project to collaborate on Sunday, and one of my members started downloading Monday. It's a big project, but that hasn't been an issue in the past. It's just hanging once it reaches a certain point. Initially, it "pulled the whole thing" but the Assets folder was empty. My team-member deleted that directory and started over, and now it's just hanging and behaving oddly. At one point it said he didn't have permission, but then that went away after about an hour.

Any help would be great! I can PM anyone with project details if needed. Thanks!

2. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @RighteousWeasel, could you tell me which version of Unity and the Collab package you're using? Also, how large is the Assets folder of your project? And is your teammate behind a firewall or VPN?

3. RighteousWeasel

RighteousWeasel

Sure thing,
    Unity version: 2018.3.2f1
    Collaborate version: ... how do I find this? :)
    Assets Directory size: 22.4 GB
    Firewall: My team-member says he HAS a firewall, but Unity is allowed in... I've asked him to disable it and see what happens.

4. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

You can find which version of Collaborate you're using by going to the Window menu and opening the Package Manager. From there, scroll down to Unity Collaborate and see which version you have installed. Right now, I'd recommend using 1.2.16, but we're currently testing a new preview of v2.0, which will be better for a project of your size. We'll have a forum post when this package is ready. And yes, definitely recommend your teammate try downloading the project with the firewall disabled first to see if that helps. If it does then they can check to make sure that the following domains are whitelisted in their firewall:
    *.unity.com
    *.unity3d.com
    *.cloud.unity3d.com
    *.amazonaws.com
    *.googleapis.com
    *.pubnub.com

5. RighteousWeasel

RighteousWeasel

thank you, I'll keep you posted.

6. RighteousWeasel

RighteousWeasel

@ryanc-unity it looks like 4th times the charm. But... This time It downloaded to a temporary collaborate folder inside of the project directory, but didn't move itself into the proper location. He copied the contents out into the project directory and that seems to be working. Very odd though, I guess it just gave up after copying down :p

7. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Thank you for sharing that. v2.0 should help to make downloading larger projects like that easier and more reliable, but I'm glad to hear that your teammate was able to get the whole project finally.