Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Collaborate wants me to "Update" to older version

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by OUTERDARKNESS, May 28, 2019.

1. OUTERDARKNESS

OUTERDARKNESS

After updating my project to 2019.1, Collaborate marked all the files in my project as being out of sync and wants me to "update" all files to the older versions on the server.

Is there any way to ignore the files on the server push the newer files from my project? The only option I see is to "Update now", which warns that I will lose all project settings.

Unity 2019.1.0f2
    Collaborate 1.2.16

2. OUTERDARKNESS

OUTERDARKNESS

I see that the Collaborate troubleshooting docs suggest to "Unlink project, then re-link the Project with a new ID".

If I do this...
    - Do I lose all version control history?
    - Do I lose all Cloud Diagnostics history?
    - Do I lose all my Remote Settings (Analytics)

3. OUTERDARKNESS

OUTERDARKNESS

have tried out some things, ran into some issues along the way, but I think I have workable solution.

1.] Made a backup copy of the complete project, then attempted to "update" to the older version on the server. Collaborate attempted to replace every file in my project (2.4GB), but got stuck at 12% and could not recover.

2.] I restarted Unity to see if I could resume the "update" to the older version. Instead it only found 1.5 KB worth of files to sync. After the sync it showed me as being 'up to date'.

3.] I restart unity again, this time it showed merge conflict for every file. I clicked through all 266 files individually, telling Collaborate to keep my version / ignore server version, then closed Unity.

4.] I close Unity, at this point I delete the 'Assets' and 'Packages' folder from my project and replace them with the 'Assets' and 'Packages' folder from the backup. I restart Unity and get the warning that my project version has changed. I publish all 323 'changes' back to the server.

5.] After restarting Unity again, it appears as if my project is back to normal before Collaborate bugged out.

I feel like all of this could have been avoided if there was an 'ignore all' button, so I could have force-committed my files after Collaborate lost it's mind.

I know there's a new version of Collaborate in the works, hopefully it avoids these issues?