Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Collaborate requires to upload non-existent files before restoring

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by Resident007, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Resident007

Resident007

Hi,

We're working on a pretty big project and now there's an issue when trying to restore. There are two file types in list of files that are needed to be uploaded before restoring:
    1) Files that don't even exist in the folders shown by Unity. We even tried to look for them among hidden files and folders, but no luck. Actually these are files named in Cyrillic symbols and some files like "C_Document and settings_Admin..." which is incorrect path, of course.
    2) Files which are marked as changed, they can be reverted using RMB - Collaborate - Revert, but they are still marked as changed.
    Any suggestions?

2. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @Resident007, let me see if I can help clear up any confusions. I do want to warn you that restoring to the latest commit will delete any uncommitted changes in your project, so be sure you've committed everything that you want to keep.

1) Unity does have difficulty handling files with Cryllic and other non-Roman characters. Are you saying that there are files with those characters in the folders that you can see in the File Explorer/Finder but that are not being shown in the Project Browser of Unity? Have you tried changing their names to just using Roman characters to see if Unity picks them up?

2) For the files that are marked as changed even after being reverted, can you still see them in the Collab Toolbar as being modified? Can you click on the See Differences button when you hover over the asset and see what the differences actually are?