Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Collaborate fails to push files, then forces me to download files I already have...

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by LithexProductions, Mar 28, 2020.

1. LithexProductions

LithexProductions

This is very frustrating... I have been working on a game for quite some time now and have a pretty large project. When pushing to the unity collab, it takes HOURS, like literally 4-5 hours, to fully push it through, and I have 1G carbon fiber internet and my computer may as well be the Infinity Gauntlet.

Furthermore... Once it finally reaches 100% I get: "Error: Failed to send to server." as a drop down on the unity collab tab. Nothing in the console though. Then after the error, it makes me Update the project... No option to push changes again. But updating the project to where it was before I pushed anything. Effectively.... making me wait another 5 hours to get files that are ALREADY THERE.

This is getting extremely frustrating... I would normally just switch over to git hub or something else and say forget it, but I really don't want a public repo, and don't want to pay for a git repo AND Unity storage etc.

Please help me fix this so we can finish out game in peace...

2. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @LithexProductions, I'm sorry you're experiencing issues uploading your project. Could you tell me how large your project is? If it's very large (more than 10GB) then you could try using partial publish to split your publish into more digestible chunks. You can do that by selecting some of your assets in the Project Browser window, then right-clicking and selecting Collaborate->Publish to move only the selected assets into the Collab Toolbar to publish.

3. LithexProductions

LithexProductions

Oh okay, I will try that, and see. Thanks

Ryan-Unity likes this.
  4. LithexProductions

LithexProductions

@ryanc-unity I was able to get it uploaded by just doing it over and over again... which took days....

however, now, my partner can not download the project. It says its downloading 4GB and when it finishes it just sits there doing nothing.

I would like to get this fixed before I have to pay for more months of space. Its really frustrating.

5. LithexProductions

LithexProductions

I have checked the amount of storage it's using on my collab it says its only 4.4GB. When my partner downloads it, it downloads all 4.4GB then gets stuck at the end and does nothing. We tried to let it sit and see if it just need to compile or anything but after 5 hours we have started trying other things.

I guess I'm going to have to just make a git repo for it. Sucks though bc I was really looking forward to using the collab feature after purchasing space :/

6. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

I totally understand your frustration and I want to get you and your teammate unblocked as quickly as possible. Could your teammate try launching Unity with "-enableCollabEventLogs" passed in as a command line argument, then try again to download the project and share with me their Editor.log? I'll pass that along to the team to see if we can figure out why the project seems to be getting stuck after download.

7. LithexProductions

LithexProductions

Okay, thank you. I will do this now and let you know what happens.

8. LithexProductions

LithexProductions

Its getting froze and there is nothing in the log

We are just going to move to github. But in the meantime I'll leave this version of the game here to see if I can find a fix. Idk what's wrong with it but maybe if I find a fix, it will help someone later.

9. LithexProductions

LithexProductions

---- NOTE:

We are going to try to reproduce the issue before we fully implement our fix, and try to get the Editor.log for you guys so maybe you can see what is happening to find a better fix for people in the future.

---- OUR FIX:

We just zipped up the full project and sent it to each other. Then we added the project to our Unity Hub.

Thanks,
    I will respond here with the editor log tomorrow most likely.

Ryan-Unity likes this.